Would you pay $150 for this lens?

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found a guy selling this lens on Craigslist. He was offering it with an N100 for $250. I asked him if he would part with the lens and he said he would sell it for $150. I plan on buying it, if it is in good condition. Just hard to know since it is discontinued. Anyone personally own this or used it?

Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF 549306 -

I paid a lot more than that used for canon. I paid $250.

Yeah, as long as everything looks ok I plan to get it. Any tips on what to look for?

Seems about right. I wouldn't pay any more for it.

To go to manual mode, you have to do 2 things. Change the setting on the lens to Manual, then you need to slide the barrel to Manual. I am not sure what will happen if it is set to AF and the barrel is not set to manual focus and you turn it while it is attached to the camera. But I do know if the barrel is set to AF, turning it wont do anything (rotates freely).

Thanks Schwetty.

i would put hands on it and take some shots with it and make sure that it is good and works before buying it

Yes, I do plan to mount it and take several shots

I wouldnt as I love my Tamron to much. But if I didnt already have that 150 seems like a real good deal. Hell, I would probably buy it and then sell if for 250-300 on Amazon.com lol

it is super duper loud though. I wouldnt be comfortable shooting with it when it is dead silence in a church LOL.

Hope it doesn't scare the clients lol

I have this lens. Only mine is the 14 year old version of sigmas 28-70,
72mm objective.

The photo is an unedited crop of the eyes.
No sharpening, no noise reduction, no color enhancement.
Shot at max focal length. 70mm
F4, with flash, 1/125, hand held.
This was just a test using auto focus in live view mode.
The lens can do better.

Maybe this helps you in your decision. I paid a lot more than 150.00 for the lens 14 years ago.
eyesd.jpg

Last edited:
Well I just bought it. Pics later. This one has a 77mm front element.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back