Would You Rather?

I'd go back in time a thousand years.. great chance to see some history firsthand.. and chase superstitious people around with glow sticks. lol

Would you rather be able to see your own future or the future of others?

lol @ glow sticks

hmmm...i guess my own. that's tough. in a way, i don't want to know. every day is a mystery, as it should be.

would you rather be with someone you have incredible physical chemistry with, but you are both legions apart when it comes to intellect...or be with someone cerebral, whom you have no physical chemistry with?

I've never functioned well with people I can't communicate with... so I think I'd go with intellect.

Would you rather survive the worst 20 minutes of your life or witness the worst 20 minutes of another's life?

EDIT: My answer, is that I'd rather survive the worst 20 minutes of mine

I've never functioned well with people I can't communicate with... so I think I'd go with intellect.

agree.

Would you rather survive the worst 20 minutes of your life or witness the worst 20 minutes of another's life?

It's interesting you post this. My dad passed away when I was little from cancer, and I remember witnessing some of his grueling physical moments. It was sad to watch someone who was once my strong dad, become so weak from chemo. So, I'd have to say...survive the worst minutes of my life, for it's hard to watch another suffer. (I think)

how about you?

would you rather lose the ability to be mobile for one year, OR...lose your voice for one year?

In my job, I usually see some of the worst moments of other peoples lives. After a time, that weighs you down to the point that it's difficult to remember what good you've done, because it's overwhelmed by all the things you couldn't do. I don't like to see anyone suffer.

I think I'd rather lose my voice for a year.. with my mobility, I could still communicate.

Would you rather cook or eat out?

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

In my job, I usually see some of the worst moments of other peoples lives. After a time, that weighs you down to the point that it's difficult to remember what good you've done, because it's overwhelmed by all the things you couldn't do. I don't like to see anyone suffer.

you're a good soul, shooter. :hug::

I think I'd rather lose my voice for a year.. with my mobility, I could still communicate.

yeah, me too.

i'd have to say it's a tie. lol
i like to eat healthy, and that is hard to do when you eat out.
but, i really enjoy eating out. like i can't make sushi at home. i could, but i won't. :lol:

would your dream vacation consist of visiting foreign places of culture and artistic value OR...be somewhere tropical?

and thank you

Don't be so heavy on yourself. It's your job, it's what you do, it's the price you pay for money. Don't let it define you as a person. if you are doing your job well, then you are ALWAYS doing someone some goood.

As I say in my field, it's lunch and dinner, not life and death.

And to answer your question, I'd rather eat out. I'm a corp Exec Chef by trade, I get foded out, I'd rather it be no muss, no fuss when I get home. . .not to say i don't enjoy cooking at home.

QUESTION:

Would you rather have material goods that bode better with trendy cultural hipster people, or family goods, passed down that mean nothing to anyone else, but a lot to you?

Agreed.. I like to eat out and eat healthy, but that's a tough combination. LOL

I've lived in some tropical regions, and I have to admit it's nice... but I'm always interested in new places and cultures. So I think my dream vacation would be geared towards seeing/learning something new.

Would you rather visit the moon, or Mars?

would your dream vacation consist of visiting foreign places of culture and artistic value OR...be somewhere tropical?

Was replying at the same time. . .

MUCH rather travel to plaecs that are culturally rich, have something to offer beyond the typical tourist stuff and something I could grow from... tropical or not.

My question remains the same:

Would you rather have material goods that bode better with trendy cultural hipster people, or family goods, passed down that mean nothing to anyone else, but a lot to you?

TATTRAT, we always try not to bring our work home with us, to not let it bleed over into our lives. And mostly, I'm successful at doing that. But a certain amount of it stays with you all the time and you have to shake yourself out of it.

Good question, btw.. I think I would rather have those things passed down, that mean something to me.

Same questions as before... another simple and strange one.. lol

Would you rather visit the moon, or Mars?

Was replying at the same time. . .

MUCH rather travel to plaecs that are culturally rich, have something to offer beyond the typical tourist stuff and something I could grow from... tropical or not.

My question remains the same:

family heirlooms. the trendy things will come and go, but there's something special about something from your family's past being entrusted to you.

i agree about the vacation. i live in florida, and have been to beaches in other areas of the U.S. i don't care for beach life anymore.

would you rather gain the ability to hold your breath for a long time under water and swim for hours OR...have the ability to fly?

Mars.

even if things went horribly wrong, it would just be amazing to know you are the first to be there on a truly alien world. Besides, you know you would have all sorts of schools, libraries, science centers named after ya. . . as a man who would love to have kids and won't be able to, that's the next best thing to leaving a legacy.

Would you rather be a well known band for say a couple of years, OR, write ONE really good song that transcends the ages and will be played years from now, and your family gets the royalties. . . like the dude that wrote "grandma got ran over by a reindeer". . . genius, writes a one hit wonder, gets royalties EVERY christmas, the time when most folks could use some extra cash. . .

LOL, that's ok.. this thread doesn't have a winner or loser, it's just educational. Don't think it matters too much if more than one question is posed at a time. It's still a nice thread to participate in.

esselle.. I'd have to go with flight haha

As for the music question... I think I'd go with one hit wonder. That might be kind of cool, but the more permanent life of a musician doesn't appeal to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back