Would you sell these lens for Canon 24-70 2.8 II?

wcphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.williecummingsphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Need some advice. I am starting to think I need the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 II L. Lately, I have been shooting indoor and outdoor portraits of kids & families. Also, birthday parties, events, etc. However, I will have to sell off some of my lens to be able to afford it. I am thinking about selling some combination of the following to raise the funds:

1. Canon 24-105 f/4 L (this has to go since the 24-70 directly replaces it)
2. Sigma 35 f/1.4 art
3. Canon 50 f/1.8
4. Canon 16-35 f/4 L

I will be keeping the following in my bag:

1. Canon 70-200 f/2.8 II L
2. Canon 100 f/2.8 macro L

My body is the 5D Mark III

Personally I would get rid of the 24-105 & the 50. The 16-35 covers a range you don't have and the 35 is a quality piece of glass. That's just me but I shoot primes for quality and zooms for convenience.

What a strange question to ask.

Why do you even own a 16-35 if you need to ask if you should sell it to purchase a 24-70?

I'm trying to decide which wide zoom I want and was looking at something from Random, and Sigma. But some say they are for EF mount then give you a different focal length reading in the specs for a full frame camera.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the 2.8 apature.... I'm looking for a 17-35 2.8 sigma right no for effort full frame but am having a hard time deciphering the numbers.

Is this even a coherent post?

Obviously that didn't work! So much for trying speech to text without looking at it before posting!!

Obviously that didn't work! So much for trying speech to text without looking at it before posting!!

If I was on a major budget, I would look to Tokina's 17-35, or something used. If I was on a bit of a budget, I would look to Tokina's 16-28. Personally I really like Tamron's 15-30. The size isn't an issue for me (imo if you're already carrying a DSLR around). The filters are really a pain though.

Yeah, I'd sell the 24-105 and the 50.

If you WANT a dedicated 50mm which is amazing and space saving for those times you just want to shoot 50 and maybe need extra stops of light, get the 50mm 1.2

Yeah, I'd sell the 24-105 and the 50.

If you WANT a dedicated 50mm which is amazing and space saving for those times you just want to shoot 50 and maybe need extra stops of light, get the 50mm 1.2

Personally I would get rid of the 24-105 & the 50. The 16-35 covers a range you don't have and the 35 is a quality piece of glass. That's just me but I shoot primes for quality and zooms for convenience.

Thanks for the opinions. I appreciate I finally broke down and made my first sell today.... I let the sigma 35 go for a price I couldn't refuse (need the cash). I hated to see it go but I honestly was not using it enough. The convenience of the zooms work better for me right now. However, I did pick up a canon 85 f/1.8 for dirt cheap to test it out.

The 24-105 will be next to go. So hopefully soon my kit will look like the following.

Canon 5D Mark III

Canon 16-35 f/4 L
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L II
Canon 50 f/1.8
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L II
Canon 85 f/1.8
Canon 100mm macro L

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back