Would you wear a smartwatch?

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought a Pebble smartwatch from their Kickstarter campaign years ago. ~$100.. it had an e-ink display and lasted about a week on one charge. I gave it away a few weeks later because i got tired of playing with it.

We now have 3 (or more) semi-decent products (soon to be) on the market..

Apple Watch (2015).. Apple - Apple Watch
Moto 360 (Now).. Moto 360 by Motorola
LG G R (October).. LG G Watch R Preview - CNET

Would you wear one? Do you wear one?

Nah, I like getting laid.

Love or hate them... Apple has a way of turning 'nerdish' things cool.

This marketing photo isn't aimed at me..
fashion.png

The company [Apple] spent a long time building up a fashion-heavy team, including former Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve, top Nike design director Ben Shaffer and of course retail head and former Burberry CEO Angela Ahdrents.

.... both my wife and daughter want an Apple Watch.

I'll be getting one of the new Apple Watches for sure. It looks awesome and should be a fun gadget to play with... More info can be found here: Apple Watch Forum

Apple-Watch-steel-case-milanese-loop.jpg

I am actually seriously considering getting one, and I'm an OLD person, not some young, early adopter when it comes to gadgetry. But, my eldest son has one (can't remember what his is), and I've seen how useful it actually is.

I'd be getting an Android one though, not the Apple one. :abnormal:

The fitness thing is cool but I would rather get a fitbit.

I don't know seems kinda weird to be honest.

The fitness thing is cool but I would rather get a fitbit.

I don't know seems kinda weird to be honest.

That's funny; I was a teenager when digital watches (you know, the ones that just displayed the time. That's all. JUST the time.) became really popular, and that's EXACTLY what my dad said about buying a watch that didn't even have any hands on it--"seems kinda weird to be honest." :bom:

I'll be getting one of the new Apple Watches for sure. It looks awesome and should be a fun gadget to play with...

When i had money (aka.. pre kids) i used to think of myself as a watch collector. Most of my watches spend more time on winders and collecting dust then on my wrist.

.. but i think the Apple Watch will get more wrist time then any of them next year :)

It interests me not in the slightest.

I haven't worn a watch in 20 years so I am a little biased.
That's funny; I was a teenager when digital watches (you know, the ones that just displayed the time. That's all. JUST the time.) became really popular, and that's EXACTLY what my dad said about buying a watch that didn't even have any hands on it--"seems kinda weird to be honest." :bom:

Yeah I never understood the appeal of watches as a whole. maybe my life just isn't so busy that I need to know the time at all times.

I just chalk it up as a fancy piece of jewelry men can wear so they feel pretty.

I should point out my favorite watch (i have 3 of varying age)... are the most NERDY WATCHES OF ALL!!

OMEGA Watches: Speedmaster History

So the geek-nerd factor of a smart watch doesn't bother me

I've been trying to rationalize getting one since the Samsung watch came out. I'm still contemplating it but since I tend to wear my watches more as a fashion accessory than a necessity I just don't know if it'd be worthwhile.

Most reactions

Back