voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the 1986 movie: Back to the Future 2, there was a scene where Doc Brown is flipping through the almanac and looks back to the 2003 World Series. He tells Marty that the Boston Red Sox won the 2003 series beating a Florida team..... There was no Florida Marlins in 1986!

As I am writing this Boston is ahead 4-0, so if this holds out and they beat the marlins in the world series that would be awfully wacky coincidence.

Back to the Future II Predicted the Florida Marlins Would Win the 1997 World Series

One of the essential points in the plot of Back to the Furture II is that the oafish villain, Biff, goes into the furture, to the year 2015, steals a copy of The Sports Almanac then returns with it to the past.

Thanks to this handy volume, Biff becomes incredibly wealthy by accurately predicting the outcome of every sporting event and winning each bet he makes.

At one point in the movie, Biff is flipping through The Sports Almanac and says, 'Florida is going to win the World Series in 1997. Yeah, right.'

Incredibly, Back to the Future II came out in 1987, ten years before the Florida Marlins did in fact win the World Series. Even weirder is that Florida didn't have a baseball team in 1987.

ORIGINS: After the FLorida Marlins won the 1997 World Series against the Cleveland Indians, this story started making the rounds via e-mail and websites. But Back to the Future II does not predict that Florida wins the World Series, it predicts that in 2015 the Chicago Cubs will be the champs. This is a cruel dig at Cubs fans whose team has not played in a World Series since 1945 or won a World Series since 1908.

that's from a book i have with a bunch of urban legends and their origins in it. just thought i'd share. :wink:

Yeah, didn't happen anyway... I found it late at work w/o checking it on snopes. :no smile:

I suspect it's actually a "gigawatt" which is 1,000,000,000 watts i.e. one thousand megawatts.
For reference, think of ten million 100 watt light bulbs, it's a helluva lot of energy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back