Wow...market art...?

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at my local "farmers market" on the weekend, and there was a new booth there....a girl selling a few paintings, and some photographs.

Wow....She was a young girl...I wondered if she was an art student?? But I was sort of :blushing:embarassd:blushing: for her...the photos were "nice" or even "good", but not GREAT, you know?!!! Not the quality someone might expect from a "photographer".

:confused:

LOL!! ...Gives me hope though!! If SHE can sell hers....I can surely sell mine!!!??!!! :lmao:

great photographs can sell bad.
bad photographs can sell great.

good luck to her, she's doing something she enjoys and starting early (you say she's young?) and working on making an income from it.

I'd agree completely. Age is no barrier to turning out good photographic work - just looks at what peanuts and cherrymoose turn out on here - neither are likely to be drawing a pension any time soon.

Yeah...they weren't great, that was the point.

Must admit, that wasn't quite how I interpreted what you were saying. There are plenty of people selling photos that aren't great, she perhaps just making an early start. The market will decide whether or not they are good enough to sell ultimately.

Yeah she'll get better as time goes on but if she's selling just now, cool!

I know what you mean though, it does give you a little hope when you know you could sell work that isn't your best.. it's just being able to market it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back