WOW Nikon D810

Donny is a total gearhead. He is not Advanced Photo or Desert Rose. He's the kind of guy that can fix your ancient Curtis Mathis color TV that your mother left to you when she died 20 years ago.

You were definitely meant to have that gear.

Ya know alot of people here think they know everything there is to know about photography but just like beginners, advanced photographers still learn something all the time..

Here is an example..

When people use the word ISO, and ISO is a word it's not acronym (I.S.O) and it's not pronounced I. S . O. it's sounded off like EYESO.
it's a word..
Many people think ISO stands for something, that it’s an acronym for the developer and publisher of International Standards — the International Standards Organization. But that ISO organization is actually called International Organization for Standardization or IOS. Since the IOS is an international organization, it would have a different acronym in different languages. Hence, the ‘ISO’ in English versus the ‘IOS’ in Swiss or the ‘OIN’ in French (Organisation internationale de normalisation).

The ISO standards are not named after an acronym. ISO comes from the Greek word ‘isos’ for equal. All ISO standards use the name ISO to mean ‘isos’ and not to mean an acronym I.S.O. So now, no matter what country or language that ISO is used in, the ISO standards are always pronounced the same. It is not an I.S.O. standard as many people think, it is an ISO standard — ISO is one word, with no pauses or periods.

I always cringe when people say ISO I.S.O, but it's not it's a word, you don't say I then pause , then S then pause then O
it's incorrect, so any of you that word it that way is doing it wrong, it's not I.S.O it's ISO one word, and really you sound foolish when you say it like I.S.O
I always say if your going to shine off like an expert in photography, learn to say ISO correctly.. :/

Donny

Donny is a total gearhead. He is not Advanced Photo or Desert Rose. He's the kind of guy that can fix your ancient Curtis Mathis color TV that your mother left to you when she died 20 years ago.
I never fixed a TV in my life, or even opened one up..
But i do remember when i was a kid watching the TV repairman come to the house with his tools and his son who was his helper and replace Tubes to get the Tv working again...

Donny

You were definitely meant to have that gear.

Ya know alot of people here think they know everything there is to know about photography but just like beginners, advanced photographers still learn something all the time..

Here is an example..

When people use the word ISO, and ISO is a word it's not acronym (I.S.O) and it's not pronounced I. S . O. it's sounded off like EYESO.
it's a word..
Many people think ISO stands for something, that it’s an acronym for the developer and publisher of International Standards — the International Standards Organization. But that ISO organization is actually called International Organization for Standardization or IOS. Since the IOS is an international organization, it would have a different acronym in different languages. Hence, the ‘ISO’ in English versus the ‘IOS’ in Swiss or the ‘OIN’ in French (Organisation internationale de normalisation).

The ISO standards are not named after an acronym. ISO comes from the Greek word ‘isos’ for equal. All ISO standards use the name ISO to mean ‘isos’ and not to mean an acronym I.S.O. So now, no matter what country or language that ISO is used in, the ISO standards are always pronounced the same. It is not an I.S.O. standard as many people think, it is an ISO standard — ISO is one word, with no pauses or periods.

I always cringe when people say ISO I.S.O, but it's not it's a word, you don't say I then pause , then S then pause then O
it's incorrect, so any of you that word it that way is doing it wrong, it's not I.S.O it's ISO one word, and really you sound foolish when you say it like I.S.O
I always say if your going to shine off like an expert in photography, learn to say ISO correctly.. :/

Donny
Well, you just learned me something. I'm guilty of what makes you cringe. But, now I know!

I would like to see your soldering skills as well and your identitties :). Great haul by the way, I never did congratulate you

Soldering is not just a skill, there is an art to it, in most electronics companies, your work in soldering is also measured by your perfection in look.
they don't want clients to see a bunch of garbage in soldering work, it should all be evenly applied and all look the same and done by a specific standard.
first thing tho is you need to know how to apply solder, many people do it all wrong.. First thing is you need to heat up the part you want to solder to be applied to first, then once the target is heated to the proper temp, you then apply the solder, the target is what should melt the solder not he soldering iron.

also applying flux to your target helps proper even flow of the solder....
Donny

By the way, i find they are some paranoid people here , and state they have trouble believing anything i say,
Don't take my word for it, here is a link that explains exactly what i said.

I would like to see your soldering skills as well and your identitties :). Great haul by the way, I never did congratulate you

Soldering is not just a skill, there is an art to it, in most electronics companies, your work in soldering is also measured by your perfection in look.
they don't want clients to see a bunch of garbage in soldering work, it should all be evenly applied and all look the same and done by a specific standard.
first thing tho is you need to know how to apply solder, many people do it all wrong.. First thing is you need to heat up the part you want to solder to be applied to first, then once the target is heated to the proper temp, you then apply the solder, the target is what should melt the solder not he soldering iron.

also applying flux to your target helps proper even flow of the solder....
Donny
Lol, i was kidding :) i actually solder a ton. I think the first thing people need to learn is that more heat isn't always greater!

By the way, i find they are some paranoid people here , and state they have trouble believing anything i say,

He lies!

He lies!

yeah ok, show me the website for "International standards organazation." there is no such thing it's called
"International Organization for Standardization " so if it was an acronym it would be IOS.. NOT ISO.
but that is the reason it's not an acronym, it's a word..
learn english..
Donny

Funny thing is, now i'm watching this guys videos. I.S.O. Lmao Just kidding :)

Okay folks, let's leave all that aside and either return to the original topic or go elsewhere?

kay? Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back