Wow such a massive forum. Hello from B.C.

hfocal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Definitely will take me a while to get used to the forum but I'm just glad to find this. It's been almost 10yrs doing photography as a hobby and I'd really like this as my source of income, most importantly my source of passion, waking up each day knowing I have projects to do.

Though it's also been a love and hate thing with my camera, photography is one I see myself doing for the next 10years. I can extend that of course if I don't die at 40 .. . lol

Without making this longer, I'm mostly here for suggestions / advices in terms of photography as a career. I have a bit of background in foundation arts and video production and mostly self-taught, also watching online courses when I can. In short looking to get serious building my portfolio and start long-term work (or vice versa ?) in the guidance of a community.

Meet you here and other threads, bye for now.

Regards

Welcome to the forum from one BC boy to another! You've picked a great forum; lots of knowledge advice and guidance to be had here. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Looking forward to that too (John?) ! Thanks for the welcome. Will update my signature soon with my site when I have atleast 20 photos to show.

Welcome to TPF!

You are certainly welcome to add your site link in your signature - BUT, in the meantime, try using one of the TPF Galleries to show some of your work. They are pretty self-explanatory by category: landscape, people, B&W, etc. There is always the "Just for Fun" Gallery too, if you'd like to just post some stuff without asking for any critique or suggestions at first. :)

Jump on in, the water's fine. Have fun!

Hi @terri , thank you as well for letting me know of that section. I will look into those for sure .

Just a quick question, I notice I'm not able to send dm/pm , is that for newbies only or for all in the forum? I've been in other forums in the last few years and realize features are not always the same. Just thought I'd ask before a form of anxiety kicks in lol

Hi @terri , thank you as well for letting me know of that section. I will look into those for sure .

Just a quick question, I notice I'm not able to send dm/pm , is that for newbies only or for all in the forum? I've been in other forums in the last few years and realize features are not always the same. Just thought I'd ask before a form of anxiety kicks in lol
No anxiety needed! :) I'm guessing you're looking for the familiar "private message" verbiage that is very commonly found in many forums. We do have private messages here, but they are called "conversations." Scroll up and look for an envelope icon at the very top, right hand corner of the main page, and you'll see it. I think tons of forums use v Bulletin software (and TPF did, too, at one time) but we're on xen Foro now, so the functions are the same, but called different things.

Holler if you need help with anything!

No anxiety needed! :) I'm guessing you're looking for the familiar "private message" verbiage that is very commonly found in many forums. We do have private messages here, but they are called "conversations." Scroll up and look for an envelope icon at the very top, right hand corner of the main page, and you'll see it. I think tons of forums use v Bulletin software (and TPF did, too, at one time) but we're on xen Foro now, so the functions are the same, but called different things.

Holler if you need help with anything!

Oh geeh I saw that envelope but didn't think of it as pm. hah. Looks like I need some brain sharpening .. lol

Thanks again , terri =)

---
added: Thanks for the welcome ZombiesniperJr

^Thank you Big Mike and baturn !

Anyone go to any photography meetups?

^Cool stuff Big Mike , thank you. I would like to travel whether it's to learn or do projects so any leads help =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back