wow, what luck, new lens!

I've read all of your responses, and basically I'm going to buy the 24-70 from him for a decent price. He let me know anyway that one of his buddies is going to buy his 14-24 for like $1250 or something. So he's saving the 24-70 for me.

About the speedlight, do you guys think I should spend the $80 more for the 900 or get the 800?

*IF* you can afford it... there I will suggest the SB-800 for a couple reasons:

- Obviously it is less money
- It accommodates DX and FF cameras wonderfully (I know from experience now)
- It is only slightly less powerful than the SB-900 (less than a 1/4 stop)
- It is lighter/smaller, though the SB-800 cannot be called a small flash
- Besides a little more zoom to handle FX cameras, It does all the rest exactly the same as the SB-900.

Congrats on deciding to pick up a helluva lens for a fantastic price. No matter what, even if you decide later to sell it, you can always make money with it, but I really doubt you will, once you take a day to get used to it, and see how good it is, you will barely be able to even take it off your camera... lol

good choice with the 24-70. IF you dont like it sell it...

I have an Sb-800 and its awesome. I dont know what the difference b/t the 800 and 900 are though.

I have an Sb-800 and its awesome. I dont know what the difference b/t the 800 and 900 are though.

Real life using both... very little in the end, and in his case... about $80... lol

I'd rather get the 800 and not have to carry that huge flash around.

Right now I have an 18-55 crap glass and an 80-200, but the 80-200mm is too narrow for all around shooting, and this is going to be an amazing all around/walk around piece of glass.

Sounds like you are making the right choice - I definatly agree 80-200 is just too long for walkaround - I spent a weeks holiday with a 70-200mm f2.8 IS - fantastic lens, but it was my shortest focal range and it was just too long most of the time!
All you are lacking in is a true wideangle lens, but unless landscapes are your main thing (which by reading here they don't seem to be) then I think you can hold off and save for a landscape lens later

I mean my 18-55 is sharp, but the 14-24 would be nice :p

But if only I had epic amounts of cash....wheres Bill Gates when you need him?

But if only I had epic amounts of cash....wheres Bill Gates when you need him?

He is retired now. But hey Warren Buffet is still around, albeit he is in tears at this moment with all this Wall street chart against his expertize lately. He has lost few billions you know. Be kind to these people.

Since you still have a job you can prove yourself to be good person now - by donating your to be lens purchase to remedy his loss. What do you think, good idea? :D

Eh a few billion out of his $50 or so billion is nothing.

Besides if they gave me $50,000 it'd still be like 1/1000000000 of their fortunes, pocket change.

Pure, his pocket aint that deep in this days...if its deep...im in too. Sign me up for some change, pls!

Most reactions

Back