WOW

Ok thats pretty cool!

Hope they can move the product forward.

I had a big pop-up that included:

[The bad news: Some things are too good to be true!
Re-35 does not really exist. We (the design company Rogge & Pott) created Re-35 as an exercise in identity-design. We invented the "product" because it was something, that we had wished for for a long time (as many others). We launched the website and sent out "press releases" on April first - thinking, that the date would make clear, that Re35 is just wishful thinking - a classic April Fools Prank!
A lot of people didn’t hear about Re-35 until after April first, so we added this disclaimer

Indeed, i hope someone makes it true

You're 30 days late for April ;)

That said I bet if digital had been slowing in getting off the ground these could have been really popular.

This is a nostalgia trip but not because of the camera, because of the idea. A product like this was actually released when digital first started taking off with the promise of upgrading your camera without having to buy a whole new body. If flopped for many reasons though. Poor quality (digital was at the time), ludicrous cost for just a sensor, and it introduced focus problems since the sensor wasn't thin and due to it's form factor didn't actually fit in the cameras so it would only fit on a few cameras and replaced the entire back door of the camera.

Unfortunately I can't find the link now because of the modern way stories go viral on every idiots blog on the internet. A google search at the moment only seems to show stories about this website over and over again.

/EDIT: Someone had a better memory than me: The product was announced by ImageK in 1999 Imagek becomes SiliconFilm: Digital Photography Review It was a 1 megapixel solution released at a time DSLRs were hitting the 4-6mpxl mark.

Last edited:
As I understand it, this is the product of an industrial design student (or design student of some kind). One can only hope that it actually takes off and doesn't remain a thesis piece.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back