Writing...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by amkphotography, Jun 13, 2008.

1. amkphotography

amkphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am the official photographer of a car club, at the Memorial Day show I was taking all kinds of photos, my style is kind of documentary, and someone was registering their car so I photographed her hands writing. Constructive criticism welcome!

[​IMG]

- Andrea

2. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The immediate problem that jumps out at me is focus. IMO, this is one that should be tack sharp on (at least) the writing hand. Possibly a slightly tighter crop also.

I am working (slowly) on a series of 'hand' photos so I can empathise the difficulty in getting the shot just right.

3. amkphotography

amkphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also added an effect to this in Photoshop, it's kind of got a guassian blur. But I know what you mean now about the tighter crop, as the focus is mostly on the paper. I thought it was okay at first, but seeing you point it out, makes me rethink this. I really like taking pictures of hands, it's interesting. I am going to possibly re-try this, though probably won't be the same hands.

4. elemental

elemental TPF Noob!

I agree about the soft focus - I would aim for the tip of the index finger on this, and would sharpen if anything rather than blur my result. Another option may be to focus on a specific point on the paper, but I think that might be less interesting.

I wonder if a little sharpening could help. Would you like to show us?

5. passerby

passerby TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Next time maybe better off use a shallower aperture to avoid any misfocus. The blury pictures are not curable.