Wrong EXIF date on phots?

zaroba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Organizing and uploading my old photos to my website and I noticed the photos I took last Jan have the wrong date on them.
Windows says it was taken on 12/29/2012 and the EXIF date says it was created on 1/27/2013. But they were taken in Jan or Feb of this year.

Camera has the correct date, so does my computer, so why are they showing the wrong date?
Seems to only be that one batch of photos as well. Pictures I took at other times of this year with the same camera don't have the wrong dates on them, nor to pictures I took in 2013.

ps, I know it's easy to just edit the EXIF date to fix the pictures, just wondering if anybody knows what caused it

It might be that:

1) Your time stamp on your camera was wrong when you took them, it might have been a short term thing and you fixed it without remembering.

2) Same but for your computer as well (explaining why the time stamp on windows is different).

3) A computer glitch whilst you were processing those photos caused the values to be changed.

4) You edited those fields by accident when editing

5) Computer gremlins.

6) You may have traveled through time.

(Just making sure we cover all possible explanations.) :mrgreen:

Incidentally... in case it is option 6, may I please have next week's lottery numbers?

maybe - TimeZone setting could have been wrong and was later corrected

Most reactions

Back