Wrong forum... but...

EleanorW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had an incident with the camera shall we say (dumb ass that I am, I tipped my tripod over, with camera still attached! grr) and yesterday when I went to check it out and put it away I thought the worst was a scratch on the LCD. Tonight, at a photo workshop I found that my controller button was not working properly. Camera still works great, got some awesome photo's tonight, but I can't use the controller to 'go back' when I'm viewing on the camera. I'm using the Sony a300. Does anyone know if that's something a camera shop can fix?

Your best bet will be to find out who/where the service centre is and talk to them directly. There may be one (or more) in Canada but maybe not. They might have an affiliate company do their Canadian service, or maybe not. It shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Or you could try taking it back to where you bought it from. They might even exchange it for you, if it's under warranty, or maybe they can send it to the service centre.

Mike - not sure I can be apart from my camera for that long lol. And I sure wish I could claim warranty but it's my fault it's busted since I'm the idiot who tipped the tripod over :D

If its the controller that doesn't allow you to go back when viewing in the LCD, then all you need to do is make sure your pictures are perfect each time you take them, so that you dont need to review them in the LCD

Oh wow thanks for the laugh bigtwinky LOL... I may be getting better, but trust me, I'm a long ways from being that good :D. Funny thing is, when I'm taking photo's I look at maybe 1 out of 10 shots. I just take 3 shots of everything and check it out when I get home. Only reason I noticed the controller was busted last night is because the guy leading the photo workshop wanted to see how my shots turned out.

dont be such a goody two-shoes...
it was your uncles dog that run into the tripod knocking it down to the floor thus damaging the internal component
you were simply using a wireless remote shutter trying to take some long exposure shots :)

Honestly, the shops dont care, They get their money either way

Honestly, the shops dont care, They get their money either way

Maybe the stores don't care but you should. Who do you think pays in the end?

You and I through higher prices.

That's Economy 101. Maybe you should take the class. :grumpy:

well at least this :badangel: is pretty accurate :lol: Seriously though, the more I'm learning about all the other cameras as well, I'm content with my Sony. When it's time I'll upgrade the body to a better (more gadgets lol) body and then get better lenses.

I stopped at the camera store today - there's apparently no place in the city that repairs cameras. It'll have to be sent away when I decide to fix it. Here's a noob mistake lol - the guy at the store goes, didn't you know you can 'look back' using the dial by the shutter button? DOH :blushing:

well at least this :badangel: is pretty accurate :lol: Seriously though, the more I'm learning about all the other cameras as well, I'm content with my Sony. When it's time I'll upgrade the body to a better (more gadgets lol) body and then get better lenses.
since i've seen your pictures they're pretty freaking good so that Sony must be working out for you and it is def. the Photographer as well as his/her equipment. i mean you can give the TOP class Nikon to a Sarah Palin's so called "Joe" but that doesn't mean you're gonna get a TOP class picture ... although its very unlikely to get a good picture out of a Nikon to begin with ;)

Most reactions

Back