wTB: Cheap SLR W/50 1.8 or some fast glass

Defy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nickandv.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently in playing in the sand for six months and my wife wouldn't let me bring my 300 or any good camera for that matter. I am stuck here with a little 3mp sony PnS :( So i know it's a long shot but i am looking for a semi good SLR (6-8 mp), memory card/battery/charger and a 50 1.8 or something of that sort. My sony doesn't take bad pictures but i have no control and the lens max's out at 2.8 and ISO at like 200 (it's low light setting is 400 iso and it's grainy, i really miss my D300). So i wanted to pick up an old nikon/pentax/canon/sony really anything with some fast glass.

The other catch is i would need you to ship to an APO address. That shouldn't be too big of an issue as i shipped a 25lb box for 20 bucks.

It doesn't have to be pretty just need it to work most of the time :mrgreen: i figure i would just pass it on to someone when i leave.

The type of stuff I want to get pictures of are people and also the occasional jet or tank rolling by but mainly people.

Let me know if you have something o yeah and under 500 bucks preferably under 250!
Thanks

no one? I would love to get a D70s with a nifty 50! Send me your battered tattered and torn, just as long as it shoots!

And if the APO thing is really that big of a deal you can ship it to my parents in NC.

Wish i had something for you, I think its awesome what your doing though. Ive seen some amazing stuff from over there from just normal soldiers

Thanks for the kind words all. I still don't have anything i have been watching ebay and i almost got a jacked up 70-200 2.8 for 200 bucks but lost the bid.

I am pretty close to convincing my wife to send out her D60 and giving her my D300 ( that way when I get back it will be time to upgrade to a D700 or maybe even a D3X :mrgreen:) We'll see if i do get it up i might be able to get back into TFC.

Thanks again and i would still love to find a D70S with a 50 1.8 or something similar.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wanted the nifty 50 because :

1) It's an awesome lens
2) I want a challenge
3) It will force me to look at things differently
4) it's cheap, if i drop it in the sand i won't cry like i would with my 70-200 VR

Really though any fast prime would work i was thinking maybe uping my price range and looking at an 85mm or the 105mm. I mean it's dusty out here but it's not like i would be changing the lens all the time and when I get back I could just service it and get it cleaned up. We'll see, i'm on the hunt!

FYI the new 35mm 1.8 has a rubber lens mount seal. But im sure you would have bigger issues if you dropped it in the sand

I have a mint Nikkor 50mm ƒ/1.8d I'm selling. If you are interested pm me and we can figure something out

I am still trying to find a camera body and yes i am now only looking for nikon d70/d80 or some form of those that have the foucs motor! Thanks for all the PM's keep them coming, i am bound to find one somewhere!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back