WTB: Nikon D40 or D40x

spiv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to buy a nikon D40 or D40x in excellent condition with roughly 10k shutter releases (the lower, the better).

Willing to spend $300.

Thanks guys!

Well, I work at a pawn shop and we just recently pulled a Nikon D40 and put it on our shelf for sale for $299. It includes an 18-55mm lens, camera strap, and battery. I don't know how much it was used before it was pawned, so I couldn't really give you an estimate on the number of shutter releases it's endured.

We are actually located in Southington, Connecticut... but a quick mapping with Google Earth shows that you're only about a two-hour drive away.

Let me know if you're interested.

I truly considered buying it myself, but the 6MP sensor is just too small for my taste... I can't be cropping images down to 3 or 4 megapixels. My D5000 spoils me with its 12MP resolution, and I think that if I got a nice shot with the D40, I would just end up cursing myself for not getting the shot with my D5000 and milking it for 6 more megapixels.

Bear in mind, the camera we have is the original D40... not the higher-res D40x.

If you are interested in getting a 18-55mm VR lens, let me know. I live next door to you in Belmont.

I can sell you my D60 body for $300 it has less than 700 actuations and its in excellent condition.

Hah, I would *love* a D5000 over a D40, D40x, or D60, but I don't think I would be able to find one for $300 on here. I would, however, be willing to pay a bit more for the D5000 over the others.

Well, I work at a pawn shop and we just recently pulled a Nikon D40 and put it on our shelf for sale for $299. It includes an 18-55mm lens, camera strap, and battery. I don't know how much it was used before it was pawned, so I couldn't really give you an estimate on the number of shutter releases it's endured.

We are actually located in Southington, Connecticut... but a quick mapping with Google Earth shows that you're only about a two-hour drive away.

Let me know if you're interested.

I truly considered buying it myself, but the 6MP sensor is just too small for my taste... I can't be cropping images down to 3 or 4 megapixels. My D5000 spoils me with its 12MP resolution, and I think that if I got a nice shot with the D40, I would just end up cursing myself for not getting the shot with my D5000 and milking it for 6 more megapixels.

Bear in mind, the camera we have is the original D40... not the higher-res D40x.

I was able to buy a Nikon D40 elsewhere, so this thread is essentially closed. Thanks guys.

Most reactions

Back