WTF, all my limewire music is gone?

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm beside myself. ALL my downloaded music (from limewire) that was in my itunes is GONE.

I just opened itunes to upload a CD and sync my ipod, and I tried to play a playlist to listen to on my laptop and it wouldn't play because the original file couldn't be located. So I went to the limewire folder and yep, they're all gone. Opened up limewire and they're not in the library there either.

What the hell happened to all my music? I just synced it 2 days ago, so all the music is in my ipod is there and works fine (I listen to it my truck everyday) but I cannot find it on my computer anywhere.

WTF? :gah:

Did you use an anti-virus? lol. It could've start a scan and the files were infected therefore got deleted. Or somebody that hates you was on your computer.

I've been sifting through the itunes forum over at apple, and apparently there is something up with the latest version of itunes and it's dumping files into the recycling bin. So I checked. There they were! Fricker fracker nasty words... that was scary.

That's why "I'm a 100% PC" lol. I dont like using apple stuff.

This is why I love my Sansa... It doesn't decide whats best for me, it realizes that I can do that myself. It's all about drag and drop, baby!

Apple computers: Friggin awesome.

Apple Ipods: Probably one of the most overpriced and sucky devices out there. The audio quality is aweful, you're locked into a software program, and you can't buy from any other store. You can get something with more memory, better sound quality, better firmware, and maybe even a touch screen for a fraction of the price. Its beyond me why people buy those things. I think its the "cool" factor. Most of that money you pay for an Ipod is the name, not the device. I'm a creative zen guy.

Well now that the RIAA has stopped persecuting individuals, I guess it is ok to announce your piracy to the world. Funny that you ended up digging in the trash.

-S

This is why I love my Sansa... It doesn't decide whats best for me, it realizes that I can do that myself. It's all about drag and drop, baby!
I just got my 8 yr old daughter her first MP3 for Christmas. It's a Sansa Fuze. This is my first experience with an MP3 player too. It is a VERY nice MP3 player. I liked it a lot and now I want one! :D

All that itunes and converting crap turned me off of an ipod. That and the ridiculous overpricing of them compared to a plain old simple MP3 player.

Picked up the 4 gig Sansa for about $30.

Apple computers: Friggin awesome.

Apple Ipods: Probably one of the most overpriced and sucky devices out there. The audio quality is aweful, you're locked into a software program, and you can't buy from any other store. You can get something with more memory, better sound quality, better firmware, and maybe even a touch screen for a fraction of the price. Its beyond me why people buy those things. I think its the "cool" factor. Most of that money you pay for an Ipod is the name, not the device. I'm a creative zen guy.

Feel better?

I've been looking at these. My ipod is a small (only 3 gb), old version (I think 3rd or 4th generation) and I want something to store movies on and my ipod is too old for that. I really want to upgrade, but I have to justify spending the money when this one "works" (damn my practicality). Though if itunes is going down the tubes to the point of dumping my music, that may be enough of a "it doesn't work anymore" reason for me.

Limewire=theft... Maybe they found a way to flame your downloads from Limewire remotely.. Those government geeks are pretty sneaky.

Limewire=theft... Maybe they found a way to flame your downloads from Limewire remotely.. Those government geeks are pretty sneaky.

Limewire is not just for filesharing. They have a music store too, and it's cheaper than itunes.

Limewire is not just for filesharing. They have a music store too, and it's cheaper than itunes.

Hey, I'm not judging... I can't say I'm unfamiliar with torrents. :sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back