WTS: NEW Boxed Nikon D3 With All Factory Accessories

brian_f2.8 said:
Who ever buys this will not be disappointed.

You don't think a used D3 for $1,500 sounds like a scam? Or are you joking?

The OP seems to be in Burlington, IA, so it's a bit too far of a drive for me, but if anybody is local and can pick it up, they might get themselves a good deal.

I'll perform a face-to-face transaction for any TPF member........... for a small fee, or course.

Although, I'm not sure how 'not used much' means the same as New in Box.

Last edited:
o hey tyler said:
You don't think a used D3 for $1,500 sounds like a scam? Or are you joking?

Of course it sounds like a scam. However, I'm genuinely interested if it's legit. So, if the seller EVER CONTACTS ME, and even really has a D3 to sell, I'm all ears.

The worst that can happen is that I never hear from him, and I've lost nothing.

I also sent a PM and have not heard from the OP yet. I am also interested if this is legit. And Sparky I may take you up on the pay as you go inspection for me. Let's see if op contacts either myself or Jenkins. Let me know if you hear anything. Fitz

I suspect the OP is long gone, the scam being seen what it appears.

I'm pretty sure you are right. I mean I sent him a total I will take it message. And never responded just as I thought.

I got three Pm's from him and an offer to ship overnight...I must be special...

However, personally, I wouldn't do a deal like this excpt face to face, so I am afraid I have to bow out.

Maybe I should just go buy it myself.... offer him $1k cash for a face-to-face exchange.
fiufiu.gif

Kerbouchard said:
I got three Pm's from him and an offer to ship overnight...I must be special...

However, personally, I wouldn't do a deal like this excpt face to face, so I am afraid I have to bow out.

So, he does exist? Haha

I still haven't heard from him. I asked for pictures with today's date...

o

Last edited:
I'm declaring the OP a scam

OH GEE GUYS BIG SURPRISE THERE! :lmao:

Well James, the plus side is... Nothing was lost, and nothing was gained. I just find it surprising that I was the first one to bring up the possibility that it might be a scam... I figured you Nikon shooters (or at least Brian f/2.8) would be all over that.

In somewhat related news, Erinis just listed a D3 for sale out of Denver with what appears to be a more realistic price. :)

Last edited:
o hey tyler said:
OH GEE GUYS BIG SURPRISE THERE! :lmao:

Well James, the plus side is... Nothing was lost, and nothing was gained. I just find it surprising that I was the first one to bring up the possibility that it might be a scam... I figured you Nikon shooters (or at least Brian f/2.8) would be all over that.

In somewhat related news, Erinis just listed a D3 for sale out of Florida with what appears to be a more realistic price. :)

Well, hey, I mean, I always try to be optimistic and give people a chance to prove me wrong before I write them off as the scummy dirtbag scammers they all are.

I saw the Erinis post, but he's another sub 10 poster... :-/

I'll keep an eye on it.....

I saw the Erinis post, but he's another sub 10 poster... :-/

True story. He is indeed a <10 poster. If anything comes of it, good luck. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back