WWII Memorial

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is an awesome site to visit at night. It's located just to the right of the Lincoln Memorial and across the reflecting pool from the Vietnam Wall. The scene depicts the invasion of Normandy.

13517315-L.jpg

13516843-L.jpg

These are great, as always. Makes me want to save up some money for a trip to DC. :)

Along with saving money for a new camera, pay off my bills, new car..... :roll:

that soldier on the right has some good lighting on his face. did yu get a close up on him?

nice picture though, reminds me of a platoon on patrol in some movie.

angelikmermaid said:
wow that 1st pic is awesome.
Isn't it? Wow. As if they were real!
And yes, the light in that soldier's face who's closest is very good.
Now I'd need to know the English word for "Ausschnittsvergrößerung", then I'd ask you if you can't make one of those of that face only. Erm... Dictionary?

No help... Online dictionary?

LaFoto said:
angelikmermaid said:
wow that 1st pic is awesome.
Isn't it? Wow. As if they were real!
And yes, the light in that soldier's face who's closest is very good.
Now I'd need to know the English word for "Ausschnittsvergrößerung", then I'd ask you if you can't make one of those of that face only. Erm... Dictionary?

'Enlargement' or 'crop' :) In English, you'd like to see just that face enlarged into its own photo

Thanks, John.
A crop is not necessarily an enlargement. But "my" German word really means what you're saying, that I'd like to see the face "enlarged into its own photo". Exactly :).

like #1 a lot

Jon, you must have used a tripod for this. I have read about photographs in DC using tripods having problems with the Park Police

Jeff Canes said:
like #1 a lot

Jon, you must have used a tripod for this. I have read about photographs in DC using tripods having problems with the Park Police

actually a nearby wall :wink: yes, tripods are banned near the white house and executive office building. thanks for all the comments and LaFoto, i'll work on that crop.

I like the flag shot.

I really like the red in the sky just above the trees gives you that weird feeling, great work

Most reactions

Back