Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1259756811_5694ef656d_o.jpg

Beautiful work. I just love the full tonal range that you have in these photos. When I look at them, they do not look like digital pictures, more like medium to large format. Well done.

Another lovely shot...lots of texture, from the woodgrain in the large beam, to the cracks of the drying mud, and the sparse vegetation. Cool place to go shooting!

Neat find and I really like the tone and composition, although I couldn't for the life of me tell you what it is!

Neat find and I really like the tone and composition, although I couldn't for the life of me tell you what it is!

It's the wreck of an old ship lying on the banks (marshy bit) of the river Wyre in Lancashire. It sits along with a number of others just above the high tide mark and slowly rots away. I can't really claim too much originality in the location to be honest, as I found out about it on TPF from another member tb2 - where is he by the way?

Beautiful work. I just love the full tonal range that you have in these photos. When I look at them, they do not look like digital pictures, more like medium to large format. Well done.

Now that's a compliment - thanks :thumbup:

Worth noting that I've only played with a few of the JPGs so far - I still have all the RAWs that I can work with too and a good few other shots that were taken at the same time.

Another lovely shot...lots of texture, from the woodgrain in the large beam, to the cracks of the drying mud, and the sparse vegetation. Cool place to go shooting!

The best thing about this place is that it's less than a mile in a straight line from my house in the UK. The worst thing is that I only see my house 9 weeks out of any given 52...

The effect of the heavily textured foreground against the relative smooth of the sky and the background ship is very nice, good shot.

I've seen one or two other versions of this particular shot, including a stunning HDR that makes this one pale into insignificance. I'll see if I can track it down, along with the location details that tb2 pointed me at.

Here's the link to Tony's (tb2) shot at the same location - Beached Hulks

Can't see the link to the HDR I was pointed at yet, but if/when I find it, I'll pass it on.

Having a nosey round flickr, I came across this guy - Fusion08 - and a set of pictures called Hulks

He not only has a good selection of stuff he's done at the location above, a lot of his other stuff is good too.

Most reactions

Back