X-processed tungsten balenced film?

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A while back I bought a butt-load of Kodak Ecktachrome 160t. I haven't gotten around to buying a No. 85 filter yet, so I'm thinking about experimenting with a few rolls. Has anyone ever crossed processed tungsten balanced E6 before? What should I expect without a filter?

Those are really poor examples as far as I'm concerned. I regularly CP with much better results, and that site is hardly illustrative of the differences between films.

Anyway, you can expect from cross processing tungsten-balanced slide film just what you might expect from cross processing slide film that was shot using a colored filter. Your whole image is going to be in one color on the initial exposure (blue or purple tint b/c of the balance). When you CP, that will convert mostly to some other single color. Take the C41 reversal of that color, and that's what you can expect it to look like.

I've finally gotten a chance to go out and experiment. Kodak Ektachrome 160t shot with my K1000, 50mm lens, and a circular polarizing filter. C & C welcome!

Awesome. It looks like yours have a definite blue tint to them. Although the pink clouds are cool.

Did you take any in tungsten lighting? It'd be nice to see what happens there.

Awesome. It looks like yours have a definite blue tint to them. Although the pink clouds are cool.

Did you take any in tungsten lighting? It'd be nice to see what happens there.

Thanks, Meysha. No, I didn't take any under tungsten lighting since I don't have access to any. I wonder how that'd look as well. I bet it's pretty cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back