X

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Apparently I'm a bad judge on landscapes, I tossed this one up on 500px not expecting much but it's being received rather well so thought I would share ;)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

For me it's the colors in the sun and clouds. When I have taken similar shots, I never care for the darkness of the trees but this one works well.

Thanks Ron, yes, the silhouette is what bothers me in this and didn't expect the positive reaction because of it lol

I love smeary, cirrus cloud and jet contrail-filled diffused sunsets like this. Maybe a tighter crop though.

Thanks Fanboy, I may try that, I do love the sky but the rest ... Meh.

I'm speculating because this kind of photography rarely grabs me, but... it seems like the cool X in the sky is most or all of what this image has going for it. The rest of the frame is just kinda "meh". Also, I think if you crop it, you'll be left with an image that has no depth, so it will likely be even less interesting. :-(

The images like these that I've seen that REALLY grab me are the ones where nearly everywhere I look in the frame there is something ELSE amazing to see. That recent string of images posted by Gavjenks and Charlie were amazing examples of this.

Thanks Bunny, I can get 100% onboard with you, i actually posted it out of curiosity and didn't expect it to be received well, when it was getting likes/favs I was puzzled lol I don't mind a gorgeous sunset with silhouette landscape but the landscape still needs interest and detail for me, I tried to lighten the road a bit to see if the leading line made a difference but no go. I shall continue on my quest for a good sunset shot ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back