xmas lights. C&C welcome.

y0aimee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I've picked up my cam because I've been preoccupied with school and work. Since my parents brought down the xmas decor yesterday, I thought I'd make use of my free time and take a few pics.

All these pics are unedited, except for the last pic.
Taken with Nikon 50mm: manual focus. 1.3". f/4.
I was literally on my stomach laying on the floor to get the last 2 shots. Ugh my neck hurts now. haha

Any suggestions or useful tips that you think could improve my shots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! =)

4162011207_3d68dacf4e.jpg

4162783414_ecb19bf443.jpg

3 edited thru picnik. I don't have ps.
4162827448_39b886b2b9.jpg

#1: nice. i feel the mood you wanted to capture, although I don't really know what the subject is at first glance.

#2: REALLY nice. I'm feeling the mood again, and this time, I even see a subject.

#3: meh... i was never a big fan of selective coloring.

Overall, these photos look really good.

The first shot I would have preferred had you had the subject as long as the photograph...rather than on the ground. To me, there was too much back ground blurr to find the focused subject on the ground.

The second shot I liked and liked the effect...however I would have preferred more contrast between the background and subject - to make it pop out a little more.

I liked the third shot for the reasons stated above.

I think in the first one it's kind of hard to identify the subject because it isn't really set out to much from anything else. You should have shot at 1.4/1.8 for really nice cicular out of focus lights that would look really nice! You said that you don't have ps but if you want you can visit Here and download the Lighroom 3 beta which is a really nice program and you can use that up until march maybe longer/shorter depending on when LR3 is released. GL
TJ

thanks everyone for the input!

i agree with what you all said/ suggested.

I think in the first one it's kind of hard to identify the subject because it isn't really set out to much from anything else. You should have shot at 1.4/1.8 for really nice cicular out of focus lights that would look really nice! You said that you don't have ps but if you want you can visit Here and download the Lighroom 3 beta which is a really nice program and you can use that up until march maybe longer/shorter depending on when LR3 is released. GL
TJ

TJ K, i will try f/1.8 next time once i put more xmas decor up =)

The first shot I would have preferred had you had the subject as long as the photograph...rather than on the ground. To me, there was too much back ground blurr to find the focused subject on the ground.

#1: nice. i feel the mood you wanted to capture, although I don't really know what the subject is at first glance.

i see what you both mean. thanks for the CC!

Number 2 has my vote. I like them all...But as I said, I prefer number 2. It has subject, mood, color and nice bokeh. It would make for a wonderful Christmas card!

Cheers!!
- Dan

i wouldnt go as far as saying it could be on a xmas card, but thanks for the compliment! i'm still learning as a photographer and i hope one day i can get some good prints to share with people. =)

Most reactions

Back