XTi and memory card

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

Been a while since I've been on here! Gotta love summer.

I'm getting a Canon Rebel XTi and am wondering about memory cards.
Approx how many pictures can be taken in the smallest and largest jpeg settings, as well as raw.

I don't know what size to get because I have no idea how many pictures I could get.

Also, is it somehow possible to transfer the files onto a different type of card or something (without using a computer) if you were to fill the card up? Or would it be best to just buy multiple cards? (I would assume so.. but that could get pretty darn expensive)

Thanx in advance.

Been a while since I've been on here! Gotta love summer.
Hope you're having a good one. Our meet up is next week...are you still considering making it out for any part of it?

As for memory cards, I would suggest at least getting a 1 Gig card. Coming from shooting film...that will feel like a lot of images. 2 Gig cards are actually quite cheap these days...so you might as well get one of those. I think I saw 4 Gig, Ultra II CF cards at Costco for less than $100....that would be plenty of memory. I recommend Sandisk Ultra II cards, b.t.w. They are pretty fast and the price is pretty good.

There are plenty of portable storage devices...but they aren't cheap. Having a couple of cards would be a nice easy solution.

Most reactions

Back