XTi now, or XSi later?

alabama1980

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, so ive decided that point and shoot has taken me as far as it can take me. Im ready for new challenges and more creativity. My mind is settled on the Rebel XTi or the upcoming XSi.

If anyone doesnt know, the XSi has a (negligible) +2 megapixels. Not a deal breaker in the least, as that would offer little resolution change from its predecessor. The one thing I am lookin at is the Live View feature that lets you use the LCD to frame a shot. Is that really worth the wait AND a couple hundred dollars? I am so used to having that on my point and shoot that I think it will be difficult to use the viewfinder for every shot. how valuable do you think this feature will be? It has a few more advantages...

If anyone has researched this upcoming camera, please weigh in your opinion. I want to go ahead and get my XTi, but Im kinda scared I will wont to upgrade in a few months....so someone tell me why i should or shouldnt wait...haha!

Thanks,

A

I say get the XTi and use the extra money on lenses.

I would get the XTi now. I'd be worried about squeezing 12MP onto an APS-C sensor anyway. Ten megapixels should be more than enough and Live View in my opinion is not an important feature enough. Get the XTi, spend the difference in lenses.

I'm a Nikon guy. But I'd get it now. If you wait for the XSi, then you will want to wait for the XRi, then the XQi and soon enough you have waited away years and lost all those great opportunities to photograph. So get it now, add a good piece of glass or two and upgrade in a few years. Now, can I talk you into looking at the D300?.........

haha, afraid not....i had a hard enough time narrowing it down to those two...lol.

thank yall for the input....that is what i was thinking....thank yall for the nudge i needed!:)

I'd get the Xti.
more VFM.

Most reactions

Back