Xti possible underexposure? pics.

If the histogram spikes in the middle...that means you have a lot of a middle tone (color doesn't have much to do with it). For example...in a landscape shot with a darker foreground, a lot of blue sky and some white clouds...the histogram will show the blue sky in the middle...and if there is a lot of it...there will be a spike.

I always try to get my histogram to look like that. Sometimes the lines skipe up high, say, in the middle. I think that means that a lot of the picture has a dark color (tone?). Is that ok as long as the graph stays somewhere in between the dark (left) and light (right), meaning the exposure is good?

No, I think most subjects probably look more like a hill with the center being tall. The reason I thought that subject should look different is that it is primarily black and white. There aren't a lot of medium tones in the subject.

does this mean I will have to overexpose my pictures or are there any settings to fix this, other people use my cam without knowledge and I have it set to P mode but pics come out dark.

Hello, which lens are you using? the 18-55 of the kit?
Do you have other lenses? Take a look...

TEST1
TEST2
TEST3
TEST4
TEST5

With 50mm 1.8 the pictures are good, with 18-55 the same scenes appear dark, because it closes one stop more.

Most reactions

Back