XYZZY!

Do you get it?

• Oh heck yeah. Shoot I dropped my lantern. Was that grue?

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Er, no... what the heck is wrong with you?!

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, come clean... who all knows what the heck that is, and you're not allowed to google it before you answer. That's cheating!

Had no idea until I googled that son of a *****. Wikipedia FTW.

It's the name of a road in Southern California north of Barstow off I-15.

Or was that Zyzzxy?

Last edited:
I see SOME people knew. Yeah wikipedia for the win. It's interesting how many places you will find reference to this and the other magic word... which oddly, I can never seem to remember.

I'm growing very dissapointed that more people aren't commenting on my exciting poll. :lol:

Because no one knows what the hell it is! and most members fail to even enter the off-topic forum. Where did you learn it from originally Manaheim?

i thought it was something exciting, turned out to be the name of a place
clear.gif

Because no one knows what the hell it is! and most members fail to even enter the off-topic forum. Where did you learn it from originally Manaheim?

Oh I picked it up 30 years or so ago when I first played the original adventure game "colossal caves" on an old VT100 at a friend's house. First computer game I ever played (ignoring pong) and hoooooo boy I was hooked. XYZZY became one of about a trillion little bits of absolutely useless game knowledge that became perpetually lodged in my skull.

If they can't be bothered to vote on the various photo comp polls, why vote for this one... :er:

:lol: Happy!!!! HAPPY!!!!

i thought it was something exciting, turned out to be the name of a place
clear.gif

Well,not so much the name of a place as a magic word that can take you to one.

Somewhere in the "original" computer adventure game there is a "word" written on the wall. It's XYZZY. Later on if you say that particular word, it teleports you instantly back to that location. (something along those lines, anyway... I may be off on where it sends you, but it sends you somewhere)

xyzzy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I didn't ever actually play the game (for more than a few seconds the various engines for it never worked too well for me) I have heard it referenced MANY times it's probably as big as the whole "all your base are belong to us" thing in the right circles.

Most reactions

Back