Yale Campus (11 pics)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Ice, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Ice

Ice TPF Noob!

Here's some pics of Yale's Campus. I only got around to doing a small precentage of it a couple of days ago. I know that I am not the photographer to do the campus justice, but let me know what you think/would like to see improve/general comments/what you hate/yes i am looking for feedback! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this isnt Yale
    [​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    11 and 7 are identical. Was it taken while you drove along that road? Looks as if.

I wonder why some are a bit soft (mostly so the b+w's) and others are so crisp? My absolute favourite is Photo 3. 4 follows suit, and 10 is the same archway, right? But 10 is so soft compared to the other two. Why???? :scratch:

3. joyride

joyride TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I feel like some of the black and white could use some more contrast? But then again, Im not exactly a professional. Try playing around with the contrast and see what happens.

4. Ice

Ice TPF Noob!

Lafoto, sorry about the repeat. All of the arches are different. There are so many entries like that here. I feel like there are a lot of mistakes in these photos so maybe when I get time I will reshoot some of them. Thanks for the feedback guys.

5. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, Ice! The images themselves are nice, but I would agree most appear a little on the soft side. Looks like a beautiful campus. What great old archtecture. Since I don't know what your settings were for these, I'll just toss this out: you might try shooting some of these at a higher ISO, and you might also try to shut down that aperture a bit (higher number) for a longer depth of field when shooting through the arches. Keep some notes and figure out what works best. :)

You have eye candy all over that place - great area for wandering about, with camera in hand. :thumbup: