Yashica FX-3 + Yashica 50/1.9 DSB lense

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Daniel, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Daniel

Daniel TPF Noob!

I could get the camera and lense fairly cheap, the body doesn't look to good, but everything is in working order (and they give 3 months warranty), so I don't mind the peeling cover, as I there is a leather kit available.

What I'd like to know is if the lense is any good? Has anyone experience with this combination?

2. ahelg

ahelg TPF Noob!

What do they want for the lens.

3. Daniel

Daniel TPF Noob!

Camera and lense are about 75$ or 90€.

4. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Any fixed focal length 50mm 1.9 lens is going to be sharp. Yashica has made some pretty glass.

5. Jamie R

Jamie R TPF Noob!

The Yashica DSB lenses are fine; multi-coated 50's of the f1.7 and f1.9 compare very well with everyone elses standard lenses. It doesn't have the contrastiness of the Zeiss Planar 50mm series (but what does?).

The FX3 body is another matter. It is serviceable rather than desirable. Fine for such a cheap price, however without frills. Check whether you are looking at an older FX-3 with a maximum shutter speed of 1/1000s or the later version with a top shutter speed of 1/2000s. It has no shutter lock button and is prone to fire empty shots in a rucksack.

There's certainly nothing bad about a working FX3 with 50mm lens at this price. I use mine in the rain and where it's likely to get battered or stolen.

Best of luck.