Yashica Mat help?

RRYANSMITHH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently got a Yashica Mat LM from eBay, and it was working fine. However, I've noticed that every couple of frames the film advance lever locks up, and I have to re-cock the shutter and fire it again to get to the next frame.

If anybody has any clue on how to fix this, or a trustworthy place for repairs, please let me know, I'm dying to shoot with this thing.

I used to have a Yashica MAT 124G. I think what you have to is advance the film and then spin the film advance back down to the start position. Isn't there a cavity in the body where the film advance lever fits?

marvinh said:
I used to have a Yashica MAT 124G. I think what you have to is advance the film and then spin the film advance back down to the start position. Isn't there a cavity in the body where the film advance lever fits?

The problem is that it doesn't advance a complete frame, because it locks up. I understand that you have to take it back to start, but it locks up before it can be advanced a frame.

Hey Ryan, it's fstopjunkie from Tumblr. I think this could be an issue with your flash sync indicator. Try toggling that. On my 124G that usually frees it up. Goodluck.

Hey Ryan, it's fstopjunkie from Tumblr. I think this could be an issue with your flash sync indicator. Try toggling that. On my 124G that usually frees it up. Goodluck.

I just tried that, on M and X, and it didn't seem to work. I got an estimate from Mark Hama, and it looks like he'll repair it for $110, which I don't currently have, haha.

I think I can still shoot with it, because I can free it up by recocking the shutter, firing it, and winding it on. I've noticed that when I fire it to free it up, the shutter doesn't open, so I won't get any double exposures. Just an annoyance.

Most reactions

Back