Yashica TL-Electro: Problem with film?

kancho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm pretty oblivious to the world of film cameras, but after unearthing my mom's old Yashica TL-Electro the other day, I decided to test it out. I put just a cvs brand 200 speed film in it and used it mostly outdoors on sunny days at an f/8 aperture at 1/1000s (give or take). The roll had 24 exposures, and yet, when I got the roll back, I only got 8 prints. The prints that I did get back came out perfectly. When I look at the negatives, there's a big block of nothing, then a shot that I took, then a big block of nothing, then another shot, then another block, etc. I sometimes took multiple shots of the same thing, but only one of those shots would come out.

I'm really confused by this...it is something that I might have done that made the rest of the photos I shot not come out, or maybe is it the generic cvs brand roll of film that I got, or is it the old camera??

Please help some that I can figure out a way to prevent this in the future!

Thanks!!

What batteries did you use in the camera?

Hello everyone.

I'm pretty oblivious to the world of film cameras, but after unearthing my mom's old Yashica TL-Electro the other day, I decided to test it out. I put just a cvs brand 200 speed film in it and used it mostly outdoors on sunny days at an f/8 aperture at 1/1000s (give or take). The roll had 24 exposures, and yet, when I got the roll back, I only got 8 prints. The prints that I did get back came out perfectly. When I look at the negatives, there's a big block of nothing, then a shot that I took, then a big block of nothing, then another shot, then another block, etc. I sometimes took multiple shots of the same thing, but only one of those shots would come out.

I'm really confused by this...it is something that I might have done that made the rest of the photos I shot not come out, or maybe is it the generic cvs brand roll of film that I got, or is it the old camera??

Please help some that I can figure out a way to prevent this in the future!

Thanks!!

Also, did you take the lens cap off when shooting? :D

-i don't use batteries. can this be the problem??

-i don't have a lens cap, so it most definitely is off when i'm shooting!

Most reactions

Back