yashica

Teknik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mom just gave me her old film camera its a Yashica TL-Super Ive never used a film camera before and wanted to know some tips on using one and is this a good one to start with and also is there a setting that i can leave it on until i get more comfortable with it and what kind of film should i use

any info is appreciated

What kind of camera are you currently using?

As for film, go to a store that sells film, and buy some. Color, black and white, 100, 200, 400, thats all up to you, It works just like a digital camera, all the settings are the same.

I would get something cheap, to make sure the camera works and you like using it. If your curious to what a particular film will look like I have all of my shots broken out into sets on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/randerson07/collections/72157606079271802/

or you can just to a search on flickr to get an idea, but do remember these are scans and probably edited but you will get a good idea.

I would start with a roll of regular c-41 process color film like 400 speed, for your first roll at least so you can just get it developed and see results right away.
After that though you can dive into the world of developing your own rolls with black and white films :D

I currently have a kodak z710 that i use on manual mode until i can save up for dslr

Most reactions

Back