Yashicamat

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have bid on a Yashicamat on ebay. Its in good condition cosmetically and functionally I believe.

I think it is a Yashicamt plain (not 124 LM EM etc).

Does anyone know what a maximunm I should pay for this is? Bare in mind I'm not willing to buy one from America so that will play a part in the price as the UK is aways more expensive.

Any help would be great.

The bidding is currently at £51. Theres a few days to go so any help anyone could give would be great.

Thanks,

Daniel

On the side Ebay menu there is a place where you can check to see completed auctions, and see what they've been going for on Ebay. I always check used camera equipment dealers' websites. www.keh.com and www.mpex.com here in the USA. There has to be places like that where you live.

Yeah i have a good used dealer in terms of catalogue near but I think I might be able to get one cheaper on ebay as I have seen rolleicords go for cheaper on ebay than that shop.

I agree you can probably find a better deal on Ebay. But it's good to know what a dealer would charge as a starting point. I always check the completed auctions to see what they usually go for.

Personally I wouldn't want to pay much more than £50 for a plain Yashicamat. Keep looking and you should be able to get a 124, a Minolta, Ricoh, maybe even a Rollei, or Mamiya TLR for the same price. Yashicas are so often recommended as good-value TLRs that the average price seems to be going up and equally good quality (or even better) alternatives are ignored, so can be found for a very good price.

Most reactions

Back