Yawner of a sunset (& the Ansel version...)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
This was tonight's sunset. Putting up with the past week's humidity and storms was almost worth it. ;)

IMG_8875_edited_RS.jpg

I loved the herringbone pattern in the clouds, so I played around a bit in PS and came up with this, the 'Ansel Adams Version'. ;) :thumbsup:

IMG_8875_2_edited_RS.jpg

There's no question in my mind, that first one with the great colors and patterns is superb!

BEAUTIFUL! These both are so great, they would look cool hanging next to each other, like, 3 of them in a row, the color in the middle, a black and white on each side, maybe with one of the b&w in a half inverted mode... wait a sec...

Here, like this!

sharkspics.jpg

Sorry for the size... and hope ya don't mind me arranging them like this... it was fun, lol... I love to decorate!

Lungfarmer has hit on a great idea; I hope you DO do this, since both images are worthy. Nice complement to one another! Good color usually translates to a nicely textured B&W. :)

Good job!!

:D
ah! the sky is just amazing!
the cloud looks like my winter woolen sweater! :D
great shot - first one's colour is :heart:

Hee hee, thanks! I got the half inverted one by copying the layer, then inverting it, then drawing a selection around the bottom half (the silhouette) with a feather and deleted that portion of the inverted layer (where the silhouette part is white) so that the dark silhouette shows up instead... if that makes any sense... heh heh, I'm not to good at explaining things and probably leave out some steps without realizing it, heh heh.

Shark,

The original is stunning! What was the exposure time on that shot?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back