Yay me!

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, here's my disclaimer... I'm going to be annoying for a minute, but it will pass. :D

I'm SO excited! I just finished with my first paying gig under my new business name (I've only ever been paid for being a second-shooter, not for myself), and it went GREAT!!! I was SO nervous, of course... it was a very casual event... a Christening party for a baby of a girl I kinda know... anyway, we did lots of candids, and some posed shots with different combinations of family. It was BRIGHT outside. So that was a bit challenging, and I'll probably need some tips soon on PP the best I can. But I just watched my photos upload and I'm happy! So yay me!

Ok, I'm done tooting my horn. Have a nice day!

Cool! One should toot one's own horn! Congratulations! That first step off the cliff is the longest.

Oh that's very exciting, congrats!

I was riding on a cloud the first time I sold a single image for $50. :lol: I'm just saying I know how you feel.

Congrats again!

Thanks for all the kudos! It wasn't a difficult job... the little girl was an absolute doll!

IMG_6515_2.jpg

^^^ cute! Needs brightening and contrast though. It's very dark as it is.

Is this any better? My old eyes are tired! :er: It does look awfully gray... even after I upped the contrast. Maybe I should stick with the color version on this one...

IMG_6515_2-1.jpg

I'd say more. It's tough to work off a non-original image, but I took yours and did like +40 to brightness and +50 to contrast (or thereabouts), and did a quick unsharpening pass. It's not quite right, but I think it pops more.

IMG_6515_2.jpg

EDIT: I'm looking again... definitely not right. Kinda washed out because I don't have the original to really manipulate, but hopefully you get the general idea.

It was dark SOC, which is why I'm having issues... (I started out trying to shoot in manual, but I'm just not quite there yet- when my shutter was open for about a year and a half (slight exaggeration!) I put it in auto :D). Anyway, here is the original... have a blast. :mrgreen:

It's a little under exposed. I brought it up 0.65 stop in the attached file.

Attachments

• $IMG_6515.jpg
    $IMG_6515.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 66
It doesn't seem to show up in the attached file, but try increasing the exposure by that amount. I used Camera Raw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back