yay or nay?

ncstater1919

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a shot I took the other day. let me know what you think.

Thanks
-Spencer

DSC_0049.jpg

I'd say nay as it is right now, but if you cropped it it could be nice. IMO, as a nub, with those lines it may still look nice if you subject was fairly centered...but even if you didn't do that, I think the blown out sun is really distracting, so i would crop that out, or maybe use a polarizing filter, although I have never used one so am not experienced with the exact effects it has, and could be wrong. I think the sun messed with the exposure though. Once again though, I am not very good myself, but i think im learning more every time I analyze other photos.

Oh, so,so close, but the tree growing out of the woman's head kind of ruins it for me. I'd like to see a shot done from a few second later, as the couple move out into the lighted area of the path, and she clears the tree.

Good exposure! This one is somewhat cliche--I mean, this shot has been done before, but it's pretty well-executed except for the figure/ground attachment with the tree. I rate this one as a near-miss....oh,so close!

hhaha thank you to the both of you for your responses.
This is what I love about this place because i would have never noticed the tree growing out of her head, and im glad about the honesty. i may have taken a shot of the few seconds later but im not completely sure...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back