yaya! i finally shot some street...

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... but not in here :lmao:
hi you guys.. i did FINALLY shoot street :mrgreen: i am sooooooo happy ..
:wav:
i just got back from teh india gate.. this saturday evening.. got some at sunset and then when it got illuminated.. before getting chucked out coz an intenational fedex campaign was being shot
India gate is a memorial built in commemoration of 70,000 Indian soldiers who were killed during World War I.
also there is a flame under the arch that has been burning since 1971.. 24 hours a day.. and that gateway/arch has the names of the british/indian soldiers who gave up their life at the time of war ,inscribed on it.... it is quite a sight

403dc884.jpg

my first night shot really.. other then the one time star trail
also tried some crazy slow shutters on people and car lights
947e8b92.jpg

these are 2 shots of the structure.... im saving up the street images for my website (hopefully should be up soon).. but then again dont think i can quite contain myself from sharing it with you guys :smileys: so maybe you will see them.. beczuse my website will take a while :p i need to re-build it
no postprocess here except for the resize and frame :)

Thanks for stopping by :mrgreen:
.:hug:: :hug:: :hug:: :hug::

I wish if you didn't crop the gate (first image) at the RHS at all...

Love the second shot and the angle of it, did you took the shot from a car?

AR

Mansi said:

t im saving up the street images for my website (hopefully should be up soon).. but then again dont think i can quite contain myself from sharing it with you guys :smileys: so maybe you will see them..

Please! We will be good. :mrgreen:

I really like the angle in the second shot, nice syuff.

Yeah, Mansi, you did it, and you did well. Was thinking of you later yesterday, wondering if you would get what you were aiming to get. These two are very promising, I like the daring play with the light in the first but - like ARotsthein - am not too happy about the crop, I do like, however, that you can still see what I take for water fountains (?) at the bottom.

The second is best. Lovely angle, sky, street light colours, framing (i.e. how well you included the foreground street light into you frame)...

...there must be more! The candle, close-ups, detail ... and then, for another thread (can't wait for you to build up your website!!!) the STREET PHOTOS!!!! C'mon!

I wish if you didn't crop the gate (first image) at the RHS at all...

Love the second shot and the angle of it, did you took the shot from a car?

AR
Thanks AR.. the first shot is taken like that so it isnt a crop.. but i have more with the full gate in view and i am posting that :)
The second was not taken from the car.. i had set my tripod on the lawns.. as people arent allowed into the india gate area after 7pm.. also because the commercial was being shot

Please! We will be good. :mrgreen:

I really like the angle in the second shot, nice syuff.
Thanks pursuer :D
will post some street stuff soon :D

Yeah, Mansi, you did it, and you did well. Was thinking of you later yesterday, wondering if you would get what you were aiming to get. These two are very promising, I like the daring play with the light in the first but - like ARotsthein - am not too happy about the crop, I do like, however, that you can still see what I take for water fountains (?) at the bottom.

The second is best. Lovely angle, sky, street light colours, framing (i.e. how well you included the foreground street light into you frame)...

...there must be more! The candle, close-ups, detail ... and then, for another thread (can't wait for you to build up your website!!!) the STREET PHOTOS!!!! C'mon!
Thanks Corinna :D :D :D ... the gate in full below... (the sun is a bit too bright :S )

Thanks for your comments :D

igate.jpg

I missed these ones, I like them both! The first one I love the silhouettes and I like your first cut off version better I don't know why I just think it makes a better composite. The second one your perspective here is wonderful, I love the angle. Great work Mansi as usual!

Great shots Mansi. I really dig that first one. I cant wait to see the web site. :thumbsup:

Thanks randog and chiller for looking and commenting :mrgreen:

mansi...please show your street shots....you know how i dig them..and i can live vicariously thru you....

can not wait to see your web site too....btw...love these...the first one is a great tribute... wonderful eye, girl.....

I love the silhouetted shape of the domed structure...it's so delicate yet solid...wonder if you could get a shot of it framed through the arch of the India Gate (I'm assuming the big one is the actual India Gate).

Really love the angle and POV of the second shot as well as the contrast BTW orange/blue...nice choice of FG subject :thumbup:
Great stuff mansi. :D

Thanks all of you :D

jon - i couldnt shoot thru the gate because firstly one can not see the entire dome thru the gate... also i cant to go close to the gate as they block it off for security reasons..

Thanks a lot for looking and for your comments :D mucho appreciated :)

Most reactions

Back