Years of experience does not matter all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can buy candy now, we've got 6 cents.

We can buy candy now, we've got 6 cents.

We need a few more cents lol:lmao:

I am sorry if I came out to be arrogant. I just felt good since what she said to me. I just feel like it was a "who is better" session since she said crap like that to me.

Maybe we can combine my thread and yours? See my post, Other Photographers.

I think it's all a bunch of bull-ish. The things that were said by the "pro" photographer wit 20 years of experience without an external flash and the lens hood on wrong. I however did not see any arrogance from Schwettylens.

Years in the biz matter, if you're a tree.

Lots of technical errors can be forgiven if you've got a gorgeous couple.

However, we don't know them, and we're photogs, and you did ask us, so... too much background that doesn't help the main subjects. I'd a thought that the 50mm F1.4 would have done a very good job of hiding the background. I think the posing is good, you've caught their expressions well, the exposures on some of them is a bit off, but I can't tell if that is due to too much fill or some other reason... Personally, I'm not a fan of sepia when the subject matter and background is modern.

As for the other photog, well she's not here and we can't comment on what she did or did not do right. But we have your stuff to look at, so my take-away from this shoot is that you really have to control your backgrounds. Whether it's by choosing less cluttered backgrounds or by using a much wider f-stop, you need that to keep the focus on the couple.

There's my 2 cents really I think that's very arrogant.

So is the OP, there's my 2 cents.

I too have seen your comments on TPF Bitter.. you are very arrogant as well. There's my 2 cents.

There's my 2 cents really I think that's very arrogant.

So is the OP, there's my 2 cents.

I think I eat more popcorn in Bitter's threads than he does in mine.

Arrogance borderlines confidence....My first though.....shooting for 6 months and your took a wedding.......oh my....

pgriz, thanks for the CC. Only the first few photos were taken with 24-70mm. The rest I used 50 mm. I did several different tones so I can ask them what they like and what they hate. I thought my background wasnt that modern when I used the sepia (old locomotive and steel bridge), but I agree with the subject that they do look modern. Maybe Ill go easy next time with sepia.

Years in the biz matter, if you're a tree.

Lots of technical errors can be forgiven if you've got a gorgeous couple.

However, we don't know them, and we're photogs, and you did ask us, so... too much background that doesn't help the main subjects. I'd a thought that the 50mm F1.4 would have done a very good job of hiding the background. I think the posing is good, you've caught their expressions well, the exposures on some of them is a bit off, but I can't tell if that is due to too much fill or some other reason... Personally, I'm not a fan of sepia when the subject matter and background is modern.

As for the other photog, well she's not here and we can't comment on what she did or did not do right. But we have your stuff to look at, so my take-away from this shoot is that you really have to control your backgrounds. Whether it's by choosing less cluttered backgrounds or by using a much wider f-stop, you need that to keep the focus on the couple.

Arrogance borderlines confidence....My first though.....shooting for 6 months and your took a wedding.......oh my....

Maybe you should critique the couple instead of me. Tell them to pay for a seasoned photographer. Really, I shoot as 2nd photographer. What more do I need to do so people dont make fun of me for doing a wedding with 6 mo of experience?

I was told by a very respected wedding photographer to take every single 2nd shooter job you get offered. All the bennies of experience with none of the dramaz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back