Yellow Dodge Viper

ikjosh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshdavisphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was a nice day out, so decided to go snap a few shots.. C&C more than welcome!

3193716561_10ffa3bcb2_o.jpg

3193716559_cc2a6fa84c_o.jpg

3193716557_e760ea5ba4_o.jpg

Hmm, there are shadows being cast onto the car.

And its a very busy enviroment for a car picture it seems.

But, hard for me to not like the pictures because the viper is one of my most favorite cars. Pure brute power.

Get closer. Fill the frame with your subject. In shots 1 & 3 you're too far from the car.

They're great shots! How do you get access to all these gorgeous cars?

I don't like 1 because what does the dirt road have to do with the Viper? I think cars should be shot on tarmac because that's their realm. Just liike I don't like to see them on grass....what are they? Cows?

#2 is alright.

As already mentioned...#3 has a busy background and the shadows on the car ruin it. However it is the one I like best.

I do love your (?) car though!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone!

stsinner - I am the personal photog for several wealthy individuals - and I rent studio space from a friend who stores his 20+ exotics (which I use in my glamour shoots, if you look at my website)

Black C5 - I like to take the cars to various locations, including places people would least expect to see such a vehicle. I agree with the grass comment, I don't really understand that, but the dirt location in my pictures is just off to the side of the road, I liked the back drop.

The shadows definitely didn't come out as well on the Viper as they did on the Audi..

stsinner - I am the personal photog for several wealthy individuals - and I rent studio space from a friend who stores his 20+ exotics (which I use in my glamour shoots, if you look at my website)

Wow.. You've got it going on... So these guys just let you use their six-figure cars whenever someone buys one of your boudoir packages? For a fee, I'd imagine? You must have quite a personality or one helluva sales pitch!

Edit: Ahhh.. I watched your TV spot and get it now.. So you rent the cars? Do they allow you to drive them to the shoot, or does an agent drop them off? And twenty-three years old? Good lord, man, you've got some head on your shoulders.

Wow.. You've got it going on... So these guys just let you use their six-figure cars whenever someone buys one of your boudoir packages? For a fee, I'd imagine? You must have quite a personality or one helluva sales pitch!

The cars I use for those packages stay inside the studio, so whenever I have a shoot scheduled, they're available - Yes, he does get a percentage of revenue. He's a friend and business mentor, so I am a bit lucky I suppose ;)

Edit: Ahhh.. I watched your TV spot and get it now.. So you rent the cars? Do they allow you to drive them to the shoot, or does an agent drop them off? And twenty-three years old? Good lord, man, you've got some head on your shoulders.

I do the shoots in studio (showroom, where the cars are kept) so there isn't any driving necessary. It would be quite a bit more than $600 or $700 for a shoot if it was at another location, when you consider a daily rental of a Lambo is about $1500-$1800 ;)

But yes, I do get to drive them when I want to do shoots with them at various locations (non boudoir sessions), or have a hot date ;) hehe

So did that TV spot get the calls flooding in?

So did that TV spot get the calls flooding in?

Got some inquires, phone and email, but it aired on a local TV show (not news) and on a Sunday during the Cowboys game (everyone watches the game, lol) but it was cool nonetheless. I am hoping it leads to more. Also had some newspaper stuff.. I may have an article in Motortrend, still in the works, but that would be nice.

It's tough to gauge, since I just started doing these packages 4 months ago, and with the way the economy is, people don't have an extra $600 to spend on a luxury item like this.. We'll see, I'm optimistic, since there isn't many photogs/studios who can match these packages.. Just a matter of time :D

I used to valet park at an exclusive hotel where the rich of Indianapolis would go called the Columbia Club. It is on the Circle in the center of downtown. I got to drive Porsches, Ferraris, Bentleys, Rolls Royces, the works. It was a real thrill because I was a Senior in high school and would come home every night with a pocket full of money from tips. All my friends were jealous..

One funny thing was that when someone is that rich, many times they don't care about their cars. One regular customer I had that would always ask for me was a doctor with a Porsche 911. I was always amazed at how messy the inside of his car always was, between the papers strewn about and the stench of cigar smoke..

You need to keep a mental list of some places you can use that have good backgrounds. Most of your photos are good, but have terrible backgrounds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back