cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yellowfield8001-1.jpg

Oh, the rape's in full bloom in Georgia already? Yellow rape fields are THE thing to see here in May. And they are said to be even more beautiful a bit further up north, where the fields are vast and the area is a bit hilly. I supposed to be beautiful. Must go there once!

I like the simplicity of your composition here: treeline/horizon in the upper third. Complementary blue and yellow. And very pretty clouds! :D

Rape = Canola?

Brings back memories of the Canadian prairies... Making me homesick...

Nice capture, although I think I'd like it better with more of the bottom cropped out, and I'd bump up the contrast a little...

Yes, from what I have learned nowhere else but here, on TPF, the Canadians call that crop "canola" as not to use this ambiguous word of "rape".

Haha, yup! It's Canola to me! Whould you by any chance call corn, mais?
(sorry if I'm hijacking your thread...)

The German word for what is "corn" in American English is "Mais", indeed, yes, you are right. As far as I know, it can also be called "maize" in British English.

End of the hijacking! :D

Nice picture. I agree about cropping some of the bottom of the picture. I find the dead area without flower's to be a little distracting. Cropping it to where the start of the flower is at the very bottom would help. Also agree about the contrast bump.

That is a shot well chosen! Forget about technicalities, here I can smell the fresh country air which make me want to take a deep breath.

I don't understand why many posters here flooded the thread with stack of pictures for C/C - when in reality what he/she needs is just one good photo.

Congrats for the nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back