Yellow on Drift Wood

To better compose this, I would crop out the area with the top three flowers. Your audience's focus would then be placed on the bottom of the photo. Less is sometimes better.

Joey you did good here. I personally like the shot very much. Much more so than if it had been just another photo of a single flower. Good job.

The colours of the flowers are great, the retouch of the bee in focus makes the photo look fresh. I can't say that it does anything for me, there is too much trunk for the flowers, and I could definitely see this photo looking great with the flower infront of a better backdrop.

I really like the texture of the tree trunk in contrast to the flowers, and the dark background too. The yellow flowers are so pretty and the bee is quite a bonus!!

As for art, if I may.....who is to say what is "right" or "wrong"??? As long as it effects someone, somehow!!! :OP

Ok, I maybe out of line here by posting this , but think it might be helpful??

first in your shot, I don't think you were trying for a publication.. so on those merits , I think you did pretty well with a composition... but I also see where skieur is coming from , and his advice is dead on, as far as How to shoot a close up ...

heres a shot, ( this is where I might be out of line ) that was considered for publication as a cover for a Bee Magazine .. " Bee Culture " it was for a July Issue, with the Liatris in Bloom time... well, it didn't pan out.. but think this will show you what skieur is trying to say.. hope so,,

if I'm wrong here Skieur, well I stand for correction... and joey, hope you don't take offence to this posting?????

beenice-1.jpg

Actually, New England, your photo is an excellent demonstration of the difference between an experienced photographer who knows artistically how to shoot flowers and a beginner who has looked at no work or guidelines whatsoever and thinks that he is an instant photographer.

Reality does not work that way. Your encouragement comes from within. You do your homework. You learn as much as you can and you listen to critique.

skieur

Actually, New England, your photo is an excellent demonstration of the difference between an experienced photographer who knows artistically how to shoot flowers and a beginner who has looked at no work or guidelines whatsoever and thinks that he is an instant photographer.

Reality does not work that way. Your encouragement comes from within. You do your homework. You learn as much as you can and you listen to critique.

skieur

skieur get over it. and New england moments thats a wonderful photo. I didnt do a good job on this, i dunno why i posted it here. oh well thanks for all the comments.

skieur get over it. and New england moments thats a wonderful photo. I didnt do a good job on this, i dunno why i posted it here. oh well thanks for all the comments.

I believe that should read: "Skieur, get over it!" to be correct, but I have no idea what I (try a capital here in your postings) should be getting over.

Perhaps I just misunderstand your communication skills.

skieur

I believe that should read: "Skieur, get over it!" to be correct, but I have no idea what I (try a capital here in your postings) should be getting over.

Perhaps I just misunderstand your communication skills.

skieur

perhaps? lol :er::lol:

Most reactions

Back