Yellow

Scarlett_Phoenix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.phoeniximages.co.uk
I am not sure if this worked out as I wanted it or not. Using a macro lens I got in as close as I could to a Lily that was in my garden. I haven't "played" with this lens too much yet (cosina 100mm macro), but hopefully I am getting there.:lol:

Any views would be gratefully recived. :sexywink:

The color is great.. However with the blur in the center it takes me off guard.. The photo is a great shot in the position its in though!!

you need something to rest your cam on, crank down the iso.. 400 or less, crank up the aperature.. f22 would be good, and open the mirror on manual, if you can, and fire the shutter with a cable. It looks like you have about 3/16 of an inch in hyperfocal distance.. you need much more for a clear shot.. IMO.

attached is one I did this past summer.. I did make a mistake on my iso.. should never have been so high.

Nikon D70
2005/09/10 04:45:38.8
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
Lens: 70-300mm F/4-5.6 D
Focal Length: 270mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Spot
1/1.3 sec - F/20
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 1600
Optimize Image: Sharp
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: Manual
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Auto Flash Comp: 0 EV
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Normal
Sharpening: High
Image Comment:
Long Exposure NR: Off

I like to use the telephoto for close ups, mainly because I don't own a macro!! some day I will.. but first, a Monster telephoto for the bird photography I enjoy.

good luck, hope this helps!

Attachments

• $websize2005-09-10_6.JPG
    $websize2005-09-10_6.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 117
I agree... You can take this shot a big back some and still crop to get a great looking picture.. That is one thing Ihave learned from this forum!! Take your photos then crop if you have too.. YES a Tripod would certainly help.. a steady camera when very close can get some awesome shots!!

I think it needs a bit more "oomph". Maybe boost the saturation and other tweaks in your editing program. Very nice macro though :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back