bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beauty is everywhere you look, as is the gentle reminder you are languishing ever so happily in the basin of a gentle, though active volcano that at any moment could change its mind. It is food for thought: apple pie today, sour cream tomorrow.

Venting

dichotomy-1.jpg

Spewing

dichotomy-2.jpg

Boiling

dichotomy-3.jpg

Fragility

dichotomy-4-fragility.jpg

Amber Waves of Boiling Hot Water

dichotomy-5.jpg

Death Fronts a Pretty Face

dichotomy-7.jpg

Fire and Ice

dichotomy-6.jpg

Complacency

dichotomy-8-complacency.jpg

I've wondered how they build the walks.

Heavy rubber boots I am told and they build the walks in sections then helicopter them in place with grounds people doing the final adjustments. They do as little as they can that could detrimentally affect the landscape.

It was just a little above freezing when I took this shot and I was warm as long as I was within the steam envelope but never really cold until I hit the parking lot.

And yet people go off the walks INTO the boiling water!
Worked at Canyon Village for 7 months, awesome place.
Great shots and my fav is Fire and Ice...

BD, great images. Brings back memories of my trip there many years ago and reminds me that I need to put this on my bucket list for another trip soon. Maybe combine it with a trip to see the Grand Tetons :biggrin-93: .

WesternGuy

I was not overly enamored with the Tetons. Perhaps a return trip where I can hike back into some of the canyons might yield better results.

A beautiful place to get some great photos. One of my favorite parks.
Did you get any shots of areas at greater distances? I always like the longshot for landscapes.

I was not overly enamored with the Tetons. Perhaps a return trip where I can hike back into some of the canyons might yield better results.
They are on the bucket list, so Yellowstone and the Tetons - kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.:biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back