Yellowstone/Teaton Locations

WhoAmI

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to be going to Yellowstone for my Honeymoon in little over a month and I was wondering if anyone here had been there before! I LOVE to take pictures of landscapes and water[falls] and was hoping someone out there could point my wife and I in the right direction (preferably NOT the touristy hot-spots!). Also, any other tips on things to do would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

I think there maybe a few people there that have been to both of those parks. Don’t recall any waterfall in Tetons but there maybe some that you would need hike in too, Yellowstone has tons of waterfalls from simple walks to difficult hikes.

IMO the Tetons are mostly large panoramic views where Yellowstone is more of mix of style and better for not so wild wild live

Everything there is touristy, Yellowstone is one of the top drawing national park, and Jackson is a ski town lost of $$ year round

Last edited:
Been there man times. GO find OX BOW and take the shot. IT is the classic shot of the Tetons. I will say that for a honeymoon it is a lot of work to see. Get up early and get the light at the yellowstone river and the grand cayon of the yellowstone. Take a long lens with you when you are out if you run across a bear. Know that you will get alot of shots in harsh light but you will be able to come back to the scene shots in the morning and afternoon but the animals are when you see them.

Thanks! I'll definitely look up and check out OX BOW!

Schwabacher Road is short dead end road that runs to a beaver pond, it off the main road and a very nice location, on Rockefeller parkway behind the Flagg Ranch lodge a small road crosses the snake river can be a good spot to spot fishermen and maybe a moose

I lived there for years. Be sure to get the book "Day Hikes in Yellowstone". Fairy Falls is a great hike. It is going to be crowded on the roads and the turnouts, so be prepared.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back