yep, another darn barn

cool shot, to me it looks like you ps the sky into the shot. the sun is in the back ground but the barn lighted from the front. also I can see some cut marks around the barn. am I right?

AIRIC said:
Hey Jon, You been taking lessons from V ? Very interesting image. Cool!

Eric

i thought the exact same thing, looks like something he would do. fortunately, i really like what he does. so i like this. hah. nice job!

i agree, what is with all you people having time to go find all this cool stuff to take pictures of. airic always finds somewhere. but then again, he is constantly 'driving' so he can find things on the way and back. bah, whatever. i am still jealous :meh:

Photography is like an addiction to me and the DSLR is like the ultimate drug. :)

Jon, after looking at the image again I have to say I love the barn and foreground but to me the sky just doen't match. Looks grainy and...poor quality compared to the rest of the image. Sorry :(

Eric

The thing that I think looks strange, is that the foreground is too bright. If you look at the sky, the brightest spot, where the sun seems to be coming from, is behind the barn. I think if the barn and immediate foreground were darker, it would look more realistic. It's nice to see the detail, but I think it's just too much. Even the human eye doesn't see a dynamic range like that.

thanks for the bashing!!!!!
biglaugh.gif
(j/k)

i was playing around in PS and kinda liked the foreground but the sky looked strange, so i saved as it was and played with the sky. although it didn't work well here, i found a neat process in which you create a channel mixed layer (multiply & desat) on top of an original. sometimes it works well :p

I really like this picture! I love the colors. Even if I were into the critique thing, which I am not, I wouldn't have a negative thing to say about it. I really like it. It's actually one of my favorites so far. :thumbsup:

Bre said:
I really like this picture! I love the colors. Even if I were into the critique thing, which I am not, I wouldn't have a negative thing to say about it. I really like it. It's actually one of my favorites so far. :thumbsup:

thanks Bre and all for your comments and suggestions!

Eventhough I agree with the other messages above about the sky not looking real. I still think it works really well here. The ground and the sky are each so strong it looks really nice.

I absolutely love it!

Most reactions

Back