Yep, he loves her...

clemeys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just postin a few shots now that I've learned how to sharpen after resizing to 600x400 (that is the most acceptable size, yes?) Any thoughts on comp, lighting, posing etc would be appreciated.

All my images are "please edit" - I like to see what others can do w/ PS as I know zip about it right now.

6291-ElliswAcura2.jpg

6291-ElliswAcura.jpg

6291-Ellisbrick.jpg

I noticed today that in #1 he's got an electric hydrant growing out of his ear...not much can do now. and in #3 the curb intersects w/ his head...is this terrible?

Thanks for lookin!!:D

Fun stuff! I feel the second is stonger than the first. Did you do any like the second with him just a bit further into the frame? Looks as if he was cropped to save the car. Retouch out the sign, and you've got a keeper.

-Pete

Pete,
Didn't take anymore that showed him better - he was in a rush to go so I was snappin quickly. Would this be a better image with both shoulders completely in the frame or is this still acceptable? Not sure what retouch means...I think you're saying to get rid of it alltogether?
Thanks for the feedback!
JC

I don't know if you need the whole second shoulder... I just wondered how it might look if there was just a bit more of him.

And yeah.... I'm old. Retouch = clone out.

-Pete

I like the 2nd shot better than the first... I don't think you need the whole 2nd shoulder. It made me feel like he was "stepping into" the photo. I would make him more dominant, if there was more of his chest/shoulder tho. I am on the fence ;)

The first one...edited...no more electric hydrant (I had no idea that was what it's called, so now I have learned something today :D)

Acura.jpg

The 3rd one... it's a cute photo but w/o the car in view, his car keys make it look more candid than anything. Oh & his elbow got snipped a bit. It's a fun shot tho... :) Not sure about the curb intersection, he is in focus, so it didn't get my attention until I read your caption.

I haven't figured out how to quote multiple lines w/in a single reply so my replies are in bold.

Soraiden said:
It made me feel like he was "stepping into" the photo.

Is this a positive allusion?

The first one... not more electric hydrant (I had no idea that was what it's called, so now I have learned something today :D)

I don't think that's the right term for it....I just made it up and figured you all would understand what I was talkin about...so sorry, not good new knowledge.:(

The 3rd one... it's a cute photo but w/o the car in view, his car keys make it look more candid than anything.

Yup, I noticed those when I got home...chalk it up to learning to observe what's in the frame better b4 pushing the shutter button.

clemeys said:
I haven't figured out how to quote multiple lines w/in a single reply so my replies are in bold.

Originally Posted by Soraiden
It made me feel like he was "stepping into" the photo.

Is this a positive allusion?
I think so... but maybe it's personal preference :) I am in still learning :D

clemeys said:
The first one... not more electric hydrant (I had no idea that was what it's called, so now I have learned something today :D)
clemeys said:
I don't think that's the right term for it....I just made it up and figured you all would understand what I was talkin about...so sorry, not good new knowledge.:(
Laugh... see, I totally believed you too.

clemeys said:
The 3rd one... it's a cute photo but w/o the car in view, his car keys make it look more candid than anything.
clemeys said:
Yup, I noticed those when I got home...chalk it up to learning to observe what's in the frame better b4 pushing the shutter button.
I still like it tho ;)

The 2nd is my favorite, the 1st one (w/ the hydrant edited out), then the 3rd. I like your swimmer's photo on another thread too. I'll have to check out the rest of your work.

My edit.
I removed the sign, the messed up places in the road, and the eagle on his shirt.
Also-the sharpen you did on the eyes was kinda wierd so i "fixed" that too. Great shot - HONDA!!!!!! (and acura, lol):thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

6291-ElliswAcura.jpg

bethany138 said:
My edit.
I removed the sign, the messed up places in the road, and the eagle on his shirt.
Also-the sharpen you did on the eyes was kinda wierd so i "fixed" that too. Great shot - HONDA!!!!!! (and acura, lol):thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

oh yeah.. i gave the car a wax job...lol

Thanks Bethany! I like the fixes. How long'd it take u? Can't wait to learn PS!!:)

Soraiden said:
[/i]

I still like it tho ;)

The 2nd is my favorite, the 1st one (w/ the hydrant edited out), then the 3rd. I like your swimmer's photo on another thread too. I'll have to check out the rest of your work.[/QUOTE

Thanks Soraiden!!:D

It took me about 10 -15 min i guess.. the hardest part was rebuilding the palm tree after removing the sign :x

Thats all cloning <<< to me the BEST!! tool in photoshop.. except for levels.

The car (wax thing) is just a dodge on highlight, big.. just swipe over the highlights in the paint.. works every time!

Don't feel bad if it takes you a while to learn... i've been using PS or some form of photo editing program since I was 10 (11 years).. it takes a while.

Either way - get a good ps book and read read read... oh yeah.. and there ain't nuthin like TPF for learning new stuff! :sexywink:

Also - email me or msg me on yahoo if you need some quick tips...

:hug::

Thanks again Bethany. Yeah, I'm addicted to TPF already....lookin fwd to learnin.

Most reactions

Back