Yep, I got "the line".

texkam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I had my camera at my wife's corporate social event and was asked by one of her work collegues if I could take a 3 person impromtu shot. "Sure." As we all know, asking a photographer to shoot an impromtu image is quite different from asking a layman. Thinking on my feet, I made the decision to quickly pose them in an area of the kitchen with the most pleasing background and the best ambient lighting. I still bounced a speedlight off the white ceiling for some needed fill. I fired off multiple images to lessen the chance of closed eyes or bad expressions. I shot in full manual, using my years of experience to get a nice capture. Later in post, I cropped, leveled, dodged, burned and applied all the other usual tweaks to color, contrast, sharpening, etc., all the things that a photographer will just automatically do in order to produce a nice image. My wife forwarded her the finished product. So, what was the response after she got the picture?

"Wow! This is a great shot! Your husband must have a really good camera."

Yep, it was the camera. : /

:) of course it is the camera!!!

....Get that a lot myself!
even with crappy photos, people seem to be overwhelmed and wowed just because the camera produced such good photos!

Why do you hate your camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back