Yes, another Chess picture....sorry

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do apologise for another chess Shot, but I was pleased with this one after I messed about with it in photoshop...so...be harsh :)

chess_2_1.jpg

alright arty, you put this one in the critique section so im gonna have my go with it...

i dont find a central subject to this composition. when i look at it, it almost bothers me slightly that the checkerboard is tilted, makes my head turn funny angles. i also say you could use some sharpening and some contrast.

great work so far, never knew you could get that many shots out of a single chess board.

d

MDowdey said:
alright arty, you put this one in the critique section so im gonna have my go with it...

i dont find a central subject to this composition. when i look at it, it almost bothers me slightly that the checkerboard is tilted, makes my head turn funny angles. i also say you could use some sharpening and some contrast.

great work so far, never knew you could get that many shots out of a single chess board.

d

You cant...im pushing it :(

Thanks for the critique, I may have a go straighting it, and sharpening it :)

It's more of a personal like/dislike, but the lack of shadows from the pieces on the board make them look like they are floating when viewed from this angle, which I dont like too much.
As far as the tilt - it doesnt bother me that much, actually, but perhaps it can be countered with a more uniform piece positioning? Just a thought...

Anton

Wierd, the king almost looks like it is floating above the board rather than laying on it :scratch:

yeah where are the shadows???
but I like that the board is not straight. It adds an effect of distortion here. I like also the soft touch to it. but where are the shadows?!?!?

Most reactions

Back