Yes Another What Camera to Buy Thread

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by ths-acid, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ths-acid

ths-acid TPF Noob!

Hello and thank you for clicking on my thread. I have a few questions that I would like very much if I could have answered.

I am looking to get more into the photography world and as of right now I have P&S camera and it is all well and good. But now I want to move on to DSLR camera's. So the first question on my mind as I am sure many other beginner have the same question is...

What is a good beginner DLSR camera? My price range is around 400-450$ Also some other things to note are... I am planning on shooting more landscape and nature photographs than anything else, but then again I guess that information has no relevance. I woud like a camera that can change lenses and has no problem doing so. Also I was thinking of mabye buying used. :blushing: Is this a good idea? Where are good sites(if any) that sell used camera's? Thanks

So will that all said what would be the ideal camera for my needs?:D

Thanks so much for reading through my thread and I appreciate it. :lovey:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Buy a PeNiSoLymCan DSLR camera.

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Or just skip the million suggestions to buy the cheapest entry level cameras out there because they're good* and get a nice used DSLR that's a step up from the entry level like a 20D

*which equates to, "I bought this camera and have never used any other camera so you should buy it too, and my recommendation comes from never touching any other camera ever."

4. ths-acid

ths-acid TPF Noob!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have been doing some more research and it seems the D70 is a good camera, also is great for beginners. I was looking around and so far the lowest price I have found on it used it 440$ Does anyone know any good used camera sites?

5. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have the D70s (one upgrade up from the D70) and it is a great camera. I've outgrown it in a lot of ways, but I will keep it as a second body after my new camera arrives (or maybe convert it to an IR body).

I believe Adorama has a used dept and you can also try ebay or craig's list if you are careful who you choose from.

6. djacobox372

djacobox372 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The D70 is a great first dslr, same photo quality as the d40 but with better lens compatibility and more external functions.

The lcd screen is annoying tiny however, but because of that your battery will last forever + a day.

7. ths-acid

ths-acid TPF Noob!

Ok thanks guys for the wonderful help you have given me. But I have another question. I was looking around still deciding what camera I wanted I have seen the D50 now. It seems it has all of the positive features of the D40 but has the AF that is the D40 lacks. So would this be a good camera for me?

Also why is the D50 here ( http://www.adorama.com/US 317499.html?searchinfo=Nikon D50&item_no=3 ) priced so much less than the one here ( http://www.adorama.com/US 317434.html?searchinfo=Nikon D50&item_no=18 )

Thanks for the help.

8. tsaraleksi

tsaraleksi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    One comes with a lens and one does not.

The D50 is a good camera, it will take quality images and it's a fairly nice camera to use. However, if at all possible it would be advisable for you to find a chance to handle and shoot with one, and perhaps several other similar models. The camera you use is a very tactile choice, and it's not one that you want to make without knowing what the machine is going to feel like in your hands.

9. ths-acid

ths-acid TPF Noob!

So the cheaper one is just the body?

Ok and thanks I will definatly try to see if I can find one at a store and take a look at it.