Yes or no to flowers

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I've been working on this shot, and can't decide whether I need to "lose" the flowers or not. Any help is appreciated. As always, OTE.

00020.jpg

I don't know why you have a problem with them. My eye is led quite nicely and neatly around the image - from the great expression on the bride's face, to her pose, down the veil over to the flowers (subtle enough coloring to not be a glaring distraction, which I am guessing is what is giving you pause), to the shoes, then to her playful foot action.

I would try to downplay the curb in the upper background here, if I were going to worry about anything being a distraction. ;) Aside from that, I think it's one of your better ones yet, Cindy! :D

I've noticed your brides always seem so relaxed and able to pose naturally for you. :thumbup: This is a great quality for you to possess. :)

I would have the model hold the flowers to cut down on the huge field of white that is her dress. Also the dress seems blown out.

Elsa, I think its a breathtaking photo.

It's great to see that wedding photographers have really stepped 'outside' of the box!

Weezy

I think the flowers should stay. To me the flowers and the dress are a huge part of the wedding day. The perfect flowers and dress can make you feel like the princess all women should feel they are on that special day. So to cut the flowers seems an awful shame. They are not distractful nor an unesecary element in fact to me they add something special to the overal feeling of the moment. Its a beautiful photo its one of the ones that make you think "I wish I were that girl in the photo" :D

Abstract said:
I think the flowers should stay. To me the flowers and the dress are a huge part of the wedding day. The perfect flowers and dress can make you feel like the princess all women should feel they are on that special day. So to cut the flowers seems an awful shame. They are not distractful nor an unesecary element in fact to me they add something special to the overal feeling of the moment. Its a beautiful photo its one of the ones that make you think "I wish I were that girl in the photo" :D

I agree with Abstract here ... they are a part of the atmosphere of the photo!

I say they stay :mrgreen:

Hi Cindy,

Of course the flowers had to stay. :)

My only issue with the image is that it is a bit tilted. In any image there are prominent element(s) which would provide a nice balance - it could be the horizon, a tree, house or anything. Here it is the railing (or whatever it is called).

Here it is after a quick crop and conversion.

00020-vi.jpg

At weddings, it is very important to have them relaxed and you are very good at it! :) :hail:

Most reactions

Back