Yesterday's detour

FondestBianca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The kiddos and I had to run to good ol' WalMart for some essentials yesterday. It wasn't a totally horrid day out so I grabbed my newly repaired (took 3 stupid weeks) cam on the way out the door 'just in case'. My 3 month old fell asleep in his carseat while shopping and it was already too late for my 3 y/o to take a nap if we went straight home so we made a quick detour to a featureless dirt road between the international airport and the airforce base less than a mile away. Did some handhelds.

I didn't exactly come prepared but I found enough makeshift staging in the junk pile behind the seats in my car to snap a few in the freezing cold. I only got a few of my daughter before she was saying, "mommy, why are we out here? It's way cold". Kids.

I was apparently in a desaturation phase yesterday. c&c welcome

DSC01057c.jpg

DSC01092d.jpg

DSC01132b.jpg

DSC01083b.jpg

DSC01061a.jpg

Last edited:
ok, so is there some kind of secret word around these parts to get feedback?

poultry.
hocus pocus.
scissors.
blanket.
alabama.
plymoth.

Did i guess it?

I know theres plenty wrong with photos so that can't be the reason for lack of comments ;)

poultry is the magic word. Congrats! Nice exposures. I like the depth and colors of 1 & 5 along with the B&W in shot 3. The two shots of the little kid did not do too much for me IMO, the blanket is a little blown out but it sure does look comfy. Good series nonetheless.

Number three is my favorite by far. Beautiful model for sure. The shots are all pretty nice but really centered. I am also a big fan of the desaturation.

poultry is the magic word. Congrats! Nice exposures. I like the depth and colors of 1 & 5 along with the B&W in shot 3. The two shots of the little kid did not do too much for me IMO, the blanket is a little blown out but it sure does look comfy. Good series nonetheless.

pountry, yes... thought that was it. Thats why it was my first guess.

I'm think the b&w turned out the best overall simply because I didn't seem to screw up the conversion to bad. The pics of the kiddo went wrong when I messed with some filters in PS. Makes it appear overexposed and created some hot spots. Some reworking needs to be done.

and yes, the blanket is blown out... but, hey better than looking flat I guess.... or maybe not.

thank you!

Number three is my favorite by far. Beautiful model for sure. The shots are all pretty nice but really centered. I am also a big fan of the desaturation.

thank you. I'm going to glaze over the compliment because I'm no good at those. :blushing:

I agree about 3 edgeing out the rest. No eye catching composition or origionality but, the exposure is the best out of the bunch. I'm a bit worried about the amount of grain though.

I have to agree very beautiful model and i would say # 1 is my favorite as well that desat look is cool.................

I like your #2 and #3. Not just because it's b&w, but it looks very sharp.

i like the #2 n #3 ... its seems like a before n after picture to me :)

I actually like number one best - nice shot!

I have to agree very beautiful model and i would say # 1 is my favorite as well that desat look is cool.................

super. there is an international airport runway just beyond where you can see in this photo. I'm actually surprised I didn't accidentally catch any planes in the background right after they got off the ground.

I personally prefer the smaller of the 2 subjects. ;)

thank you.

I like your #2 and #3. Not just because it's b&w, but it looks very sharp.

i like the #2 n #3 ... its seems like a before n after picture to me :)

thank you. it very well could be a before and after really. We'll see in about 22 years I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back